Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Wanted: Magnetic Battery Cover for back of EVic-VTC Mini

AVF Regular

Wanted: Magnetic Battery Cover for back of EVic-VTC Mini

Does anyone have a spare back cover of an Evic-VTC Mini? I can't seem to find any for sale in Australia.

One of the magnets fell out of my back cover, so I thought I was being a legend when I superglued it back into it.

Being the niblet that I was, I actually superglued the wrong magnet side into the back, thus making the evic magnet REPEL the back cover magnet

So yeah, just putting it out there, to see if anyone has one they want to sell me!

Cheers!

AVF Regular
    You could probably break it out of its mount again.. A little heat from a soldering iron might do it.

Super Moderator
    or a drizzle of acetone ( nail polish remover ) to dissolve superglue ?
    Whack some on a cotton bud and circle it round n round ...after a few mins pry under with pin or very thin screwdriver blade ... keep adding acetone til it comes loose
    ( caution test on paint first ! )
    Polo89 and Browny like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gurishka View Post
    You could probably break it out of its mount again.. A little heat from a soldering iron might do it.
    heat is a great demagnetiser

Above 80C usually ruins a neodymium magnet permanently
    Robray, Polo89 and Browny like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    It all depends on how you use the heat... You're only wanting to soften the glue.. ;-)
    Last edited by gurishka; 26-06-16 at 08:33 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Shpondra View Post
    Does anyone have a spare back cover of an Evic-VTC Mini? I can't seem to find any for sale in Australia.

One of the magnets fell out of my back cover, so I thought I was being a legend when I superglued it back into it.

Being the niblet that I was, I actually superglued the wrong magnet side into the back, thus making the evic magnet REPEL the back cover magnet

So yeah, just putting it out there, to see if anyone has one they want to sell me!

Cheers!
    I'm sure I said "make sure you get it the right way around". Did I say "make sure you get it the right way around"? Damn! LOL

Did you use super glue or epoxy? 5 minutes epoxy melts at 100C so boil it. Other epoxies might need a bit higher temperature.

Super Glue is a crap shoot. It's brittle so shock sensitive but you never know when it's going to let go...

Edit: Oh you said supaglue... OK, get something to glue to the magnet. Something like a paddle pop stick cut off square but metal or plastic. Glue this to the magnet with 5 minute Epoxy. Leave it 48 hours for the epoxy to cure. While holding the glued on "handle" and pulling at the magnet, rap the outside cover of the door over the magnet repeatedly with something like a spoon. You want to shock the supa glue and get it to crack.

Once the magnet comes out you can boil it to get it off the "handle".

It should work, as I found out the residue of epoxy they use to put the magnet in there in the first place doesn't hang on to supa glue very well.

Edit 2: and yes Joyetech need to revise the procedure they have for gluing these magnets. I had one come out after only a few months use.

Edit 3: Actually something like a paddle pop stick cut off square might actually work well. The epoxy will hang onto it fine (I was thinking supaglue, which doesn't hold porous surfaces very well at all.)
    Last edited by fabricator4; 26-06-16 at 09:11 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Thanks everyone.

Fabricator you told me! And I stuffed it!

I used Super Glue. So maybe nailpolish remover? I might try that first and if that doesn't work I'll totally do the paddle pop stick but maybe with superglue and a metal stick like a knife or something. then try to pull the crap out of it.

I might soak the back magnet area in nailpolish remover for a few hours and see if it disengages.

I'm so annoyed with myself lol.

AVF Regular
    No dice unfortunately. It's glued in there with power.

Am using a silicon sleeve to keep the evic together.

My nail polish was acetate not acetone so maybe I will buy some acetone today.

Can't find just battery covers on fasttech
    fabricator4 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs

Shpondra,

Acetate is the nail polish. The solvent to remove the polish is Acetone.

Good luck!!
    Fatman likes this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular

No, I've never seen just doors being sold anywhere. It's not that kind of mod (but they do look good if you mix and match different colour doors)
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast