Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree482Likes

Thread: PIF comp

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by muscovyduckling View Post
    Yay Doggie! Everyone loves a PIF comp with a loose set of entry criteria and an unspecified end date! My favourite kind
    I usually rely on others to clean up my comps.

Someone OCD will be bugged enough by it to suggest a list of criteria and end date
    Fatman, btobw and Cat like this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    Someone OCD will be bugged enough by it to suggest a list of criteria and end date
    Oh no Just as I was settling in for some rollicking ramshackle fun.
    DogMan, AllyP and Cat like this.

AVF Regular
    This is Jack. He was named after Jack Bruce. My mother decided that was the theme of the animals; to be named after famous people.

He wandered in to the farm after being dumped roadside because he's blind. This was in 2010 and it took about a year of putting out food for him and trying to win him over, for him to become trusting enough of humans again.

I think one of the only reasons why he's stayed alive so long is because he doesn't go after snakes etc. Though just last night he caught three mice. Should've called him DareDevil instead.

He's totally worth the vet bills and worry.

Last edited by gurishka; 21-03-17 at 11:42 PM.
    Fatman, btobw, Tom Drake and 10 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Jack looks sweet

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    gurishka likes this.

AVF Regular
    He's a good cat. Doesn't kill birds. Happy to be indoors and chill on you. There is one caveat. As he is blind he tends to spring into the air and land sporadically. He may even miss the landing and say get the side of your leg like he did the other week with me and left a whole host of new scars. But chicks dig scars right?!
    Fatman, Tom Drake, DogMan and 4 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gurishka View Post
    He's a good cat. Doesn't kill birds. Happy to be indoors and chill on you. There is one caveat. As he is blind he tends to spring into the air and land sporadically. He may even miss the landing and say get the side of your leg like he did the other week with me and left a whole host of new scars. But chicks dig scars right?!
    Lol. Poor Jack

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    gurishka likes this.

AVF Regular
    It was like he was on a trampoline the other night. He jumps far higher than he needs to so he can get on the bed. It's hilarious until you realise that if you're lying on the bed, chances are you're getting acupuncture and lots of needle therapy in places you clearly didn't need it. But he's an awesome cat. Poor old thing.
    Tom Drake, DogMan, merexy and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Oooh! Squonk! I'll play.

First entry is a story about Hamish the Westie, no longer with us. Hamish needed little excuse to go the fang, and was an opportunist extraordinaire when it came to food. Actually there are many Hamish stories, and many of them involve... food.

Scene: Saturday lunch, I'd been mowing the yard and Mrs F had heated some pies up for lunch. She'd eaten hers but just put mine on the table when I came in. Hamish looking completely innocent way lying on the floor. He knew it was pointless trying to beg food off me as I never fed him at the table. I needed to go and have a wash before eating and the pie was blistering hot anyway, so I pushed the chair all the way in even though Westies don't jump that well seeing as their legs are so short - I knew if he DID manage to get up on the chair the pie would be fair game. I also moved the pie towards the middle of table.

So I come back to the table three minutes later to find a Westie actually ON the table, attempting to devour a red hot meat pie as fast as he could before I came back. I had to drag him away from the pie by force - he wasn't giving it up that easily and was rather pleased with himself.

Next was the puzzle as to how a small dog could levitate 110+cm onto the kitchen table when he normally has trouble clearing 20cm in training, and it really needed solving. I pushed the chair back under the table as I must have moved it getting to him, then left the room again, but kept him under observation. He was a bit cagey in case I came back again but he disappeared *under* the table. Next thing I see the chair is moving backwards in bumps. He was jumping at it with his front paws to push the chair back from the table, to give himself enough room to jump on the chair and the scramble up onto the table. He was quick too, I came in just in time to grab him as he was making a leap for the table top.

People think Westies aren't bright because their intelligence is entirely geared to the advancement of any self serving project. Don't let them fool you - they can be quite inventive when it comes to getting something they really want and they are absolutely fearless in the execution of a plan. There's a saying in our house: "You never can tell, with a Westie".

Last edited by fabricator4; 22-03-17 at 12:22 AM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Oooh! Squonk! I'll play.

First entry is a story about Hamish the Westie, no longer with us. Hamish needed little excuse to go the fang, and was an opportunist extraordinaire when it came to food. Actually there are many Hamish stories, and many of them involve... food.

Scene: Saturday lunch, I'd been mowing the yard and Mrs F had heated some pies up for lunch. She'd eaten hers but just put mine on the table when I came in. Hamish looking completely innocent way lying on the floor. He knew it was pointless trying to beg food off me as I never fed him at the table. I needed to go and have a wash before eating and the pie was blistering hot anyway, so I pushed the chair all the way in even though Westies don't jump that well seeing as their legs are so short - I knew if he DID manage to get up on the chair the pie would be fair game. I also moved the pie towards the middle of table.

So I come back to the table three minutes later to find a Westie actually ON the table, attempting to devour a red hot meat pie as fast as he could before I came back. I had to drag him away from the pie by force - he wasn't giving it up that easily and was rather pleased with himself.

Next was the puzzle as to how a small dog could levitate 110+cm onto the kitchen table when he normally has trouble clearing 20cm in training, and it really needed solving. I pushed the chair back under the table as I must have moved it getting to him, then left the room again, but kept him under observation. He was a bit cagey in case I came back again but he disappeared *under* the table. Next thing I see the chair is moving backwards in bumps. He was jumping at it with his front paws to push the chair back from the table, to give himself enough room to jump on the chair and the scramble up onto the table. He was quick too, I came in just in time to grab him as he was making a leap for the table top.

People think Westies aren't bright because their intelligence is entirely geared to the advancement of any self serving project. Don't let them fool you - they can be quite inventive when it comes to getting something they really want and they are absolutely fearless in the execution of a plan. There's a saying in our house: "You never can tell, with a Westie".
    lol

literally laughed out loud
    fabricator4 and iamtezr like this.

AVF Regular
    This PIF comp has made me love AVF again!
    Too good - too funny... AND too many very clever AVF members out there - love your work!
    Thank you DogMan - simply awesome

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast