Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: WTB Custom Classic Positive and Negative Contacts

  1. #1
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    701

    WTB Custom Classic Positive and Negative Contacts

    As per title, does anyone have a spare set of positive and negative contacts for the Custom Classics?
    Alternatively, does anyone know how much they cost to ship it direct from Corey(?)/the mod maker?

    Thank you

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Hills district, Sydney
    Posts
    2,699
    I'm a spares hoarder, so I can't help. And I've no idea how much postage on spares from Corey would be. But I've been thinking of getting more contacts from Corey myself. If no-one offers any here, perhaps we could look at ordering together and splitting postage on them?

    Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,740
    small 1st class packages are $14 usd

    not sure if corey would insist on priority for the tracking though
    btobw, J_B_86 and maxsmd like this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

  4. #4
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    701
    Yes Di,
    that would absolutely work! Happy to do that if you're keen.
    Do you know how much they cost excluding postage?

    Cheers!

    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    I'm a spares hoarder, so I can't help. And I've no idea how much postage on spares from Corey would be. But I've been thinking of getting more contacts from Corey myself. If no-one offers any here, perhaps we could look at ordering together and splitting postage on them?

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Hills district, Sydney
    Posts
    2,699
    I haven't asked recently, but when I bought my first Ti last August I got some spares. At that time:

    1 extra +ve contact: $15
    1 extra -ve contact: $20 (silver)
    1 extra button - ultem: $10

    I'm in no rush - I've been thinking of doing something for months If you don't have any luck with this thread, let me know. In the meantime, I'll message Corey and get him to check out postage options. (I'm assuming these are just Armageddon spares, and you don't need them immediately).

    Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

  6. #6
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    I haven't asked recently, but when I bought my first Ti last August I got some spares. At that time:

    1 extra +ve contact: $15
    1 extra -ve contact: $20 (silver)
    1 extra button - ultem: $10

    I'm in no rush - I've been thinking of doing something for months If you don't have any luck with this thread, let me know. In the meantime, I'll message Corey and get him to check out postage options. (I'm assuming these are just Armageddon spares, and you don't need them immediately).
    Thank you Di.
    I've managed to wreck the insulator on the positive contact unfortunately.
    Its currently being insulated by some poorly sized tubing that's already shredding.
    Not for an Armageddon stash but for immediate use Although no rush as i will be vigilant and ensure the contact's are adequately insulated.
    Also, my positive contact is warped in comparison to the "factory" bend angles.
    LOL.


    *hollers across the silence*
    SOMEONE PLEASE?

  7. #7
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Hills district, Sydney
    Posts
    2,699
    Is the heat-shrink on the +ve still in place? For the early CCs, Corey used to send spare o-rings and a couple of little lengths of insulator tubing for use over the heat-shrink. I can send you one of those bits of tubing. Here's what Corey said back in 2015:

    The small pieces of tubing are spare positive contact insulators. I install a piece of heat shrink tubing on the contact, then put a piece of silicone tubing over that. That is the part that is replaceable. You may never need to change it, but it’s there in case you do.
    It looks like fairly ordinary silicon tubing, 5mm OD 3mmID by my rough measurements.

    Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

  8. #8
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Townsville
    Posts
    1,417
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    small 1st class packages are $14 usd

    not sure if corey would insist on priority for the tracking though
    When I ordered a new 510 and parts a while back he was happy to send them 1st class so it shouldn't be a problem.
    btobw and DogMan like this.

  9. #9
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Townsville
    Posts
    1,417
    Also if they're for the aluminium I sold you they will need some sanding to make them fit as it is a bit shorter than the current standard. Probably worth mentioning you have the mod which originally belonged to subohmies and he might be able to get them close.
    giruvian and btobw like this.

  10. #10
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    Is the heat-shrink on the +ve still in place? For the early CCs, Corey used to send spare o-rings and a couple of little lengths of insulator tubing for use over the heat-shrink. I can send you one of those bits of tubing. Here's what Corey said back in 2015:



    It looks like fairly ordinary silicon tubing, 5mm OD 3mmID by my rough measurements.
    Heatshrink Long gone.
    Used some tubing cut off from the italian squonk bottles that dont fit to well and end up shredding after abit.
    But will keep doing that. Thank you for the offer Di but i dont want to trouble you
    Hoping someone can part with their positive contact !
    btobw likes this.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 06:31 PM.