• 2 Post By ultrasuede
  • 1 Post By Berowra vaper
  • 3 Post By D13S3L
  • 1 Post By maxsmd

Thread: WTB my first vape

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

WTB my first vape

Hi all,

I am a long time cigarette and cigar smoker, who is looking to kick the habit. I bought some e-cigs from the markets in Sydney a few years back, and found that they were nothing like the real thing.
    I happened upon a video on youtube of a guy making coils and putting them into these vaping things. Now i'm curious. I would like to give it a try. Does anyone have a vaper that they aren't using anymore that they want to sell?

Thanks guys
    Tom Drake and Cat like this.

AVF Regular

WTB my first vape

Head over to new vapers and introduce yourself , plenty will chime in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Berowra vaper; 02-06-17 at 09:05 PM.
    merexy likes this.

I've been doing my research, and I want to jump straight into the deep end, and go with a buildable build. If any of y'all wanna sell me bits and pieces to get me started, it will be much appreciated!

AVF Regular
    Hi Ultrasuede. welcome to the forums.
    I'd highly highly recommend you kick things off with a starter kit. There's a lot to take in when starting vaping like style of vaping, power, temperature control, flavour, vapour production, nicotine strength, etc etc etc. To also add into the mix building your own coils and getting it done safely is a big ask of any new vaper, let alone someone who's yet to get started. add on top of all that the stress and frustration of quitting smoking and you're really going to make life hard for yourself. It's all too easy to make one little mistake and things turn horribly south for you (coil built incorrectly, resistance too low, coil shorting out, wrong tank on a hybrid/mechanical mod, etc).
    I would suggest grabbing either a starter kit (quickest and easiest option), or purchasing a standalone device and then a tank which uses pre-made coils, some premixed juice flavours (i'll get into this more below) and then go from there. You'll get to see how different tanks and coils vape differently (more/less vapour, different flavour, throat hit, etc) and also how different devices (mods) work as well (some have more features, some produce power to the coils differently to others, etc).
    To get the ball rolling perhaps a simple set and forget setup aimed for to the new vaper will do you well just to get a feel for things. These types of setups have come a long way from back a few years ago when all we had were the cigalikes and egos (small pen types). Others may chime in and suggest alternatives as well. Also I'd recommend not diving into any of the 100+ watt setups. Something around 60 watts (or even less) will certainly get you up and running. You'll find to begin with something that someone who's vaped for a while finds a low powered setup will actually give you a good hard hit as it does take time to get used to the difference between traditional cigarettes.
    As for juice, each has their own preferences but if you are able to get away with using juice with no nicotine then you'll be fine to source from anywhere in Aus. If however you feel you'll need the nicotine to help with the cravings (i surely did and still do to this day), then you're best sourcing from overseas. Good news is there's a few places in NZ which will ship to Aus nice and fast. I would not recommend trying the whole DIY juice just yet. It can put a foul taste in your mouth towards the whole vaping experience. Plus messing with nicotine isn't to be taken lightly and can be dangerous if not handled/used correctly.
    Lastly but certainly not least is battery safety. If using a device with an external battery then make sure to research battery safety (a lot of the online stores will have a section dedicated to explaining this, as well as threads here).
    I'm sure a lot of what i've said you already know from your research, but thought best to cover all aspects and sum it all up in one place for referring to. You'll find there's plenty of vapers here willing to give you any help/advice you require, along with plenty of threads which should cover most if not every question you can think of.
    I'd be happy to have a look at what's out there at the moment and offer some suggestions to what may suit you to get you started. Just shoot me a pm if you like.
    Good luck and i hope you can kick the habit of traditional smoking.
    -Last Analogue-
    Thursday 24-04-2014 @ 4:00pm

That was a post and a half. Thanks mate, I'm expecting an el cheapo vaper off the eBay. I'll post my experience.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrasuede View Post
    That was a post and a half. Thanks mate, I'm expecting an el cheapo vaper off the eBay. I'll post my experience.
    Not the best idea going with an el cheapo off ebay.
    There are tons of better options.
    Tom Drake likes this.