AVF Regular

[WTT/WTB][NSW][DiD atty part/s]

Accidentally broke the positive brass rod for my standard DiD at which time i discover the spare i have is not the standard size i ordered but instead the short size.

Its a long shot.. but if someone has a spare standard length brass rod or a short length middle SS tube thingy that they would consider trading please let me know. I need one or the other.

DiD parts i can trade:
    I have 1 x short brass rod wanting to swap for longer
    I have 1 x standard full length SS middle thingy that goes around the brass rod wanting to swap for shorter
    The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism - Norman Vincent Peale

Super Moderator
    Is it just a solid brass rod? If so, how long and what diameter?

AVF Regular
    I don't know the specifics .. ill try to measure it tomorrow.
    Photos give you a bit of an idea. Yeah its a solid rod.. ive never used brass for anything really.. what do you reckon seen threaded brass rod at the hardware or anything?

I would be a bit worried about creating a serious hard short if made a replacement rod lol
    The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism - Norman Vincent Peale

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I have a spare here I could post out. I bought an extra with my second DID that turned up yesterday.

I don't have the need for the short one(ordered a full short 'kit' but really only need one set for it. I plan on ordering the stainless pin, and nuts when they are available (Should be in the next week).

Where are you located?

AVF Regular
    Is it the short tube thingy or the long rod you have spare Wocka?

Either would be marvelous.. more than happy to paypal gift/deposit $20 for either or trade if you could do with either of my spares.

I am near Newcastle, NSW.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Australis View Post

I have a spare long positive pole, same your picture above. I have the complete set to convert one DID to a shorty, which will do me as a backup until the SS gear would arrive. Do you need nuts as well?, or just bare post.

AVF Regular
    Ah i see, gotcha. I just need the brass rod, got plenty of the brass nuts.

AVF Regular
    All sorted.. thanks to Wocka for saving me a 4 week wait.