Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: International Buyers and AVF (Commentary , please read )

Super Moderator

International Buyers and AVF (Commentary , please read )

Recently AVF has been targeted by international buyers , signing up simply to get a great deal on the classifieds .
    This has caused some angst and friction among members .

AVF is such a great community that you dont see the out and out profiteering that you do see on most overseas sites , our members tend to pass on the bargains at a very fair asking price often WELL below the asking price overseas ...

This has several effects , the great AVF community grows and benefits , people get to try mods they couldnt otherwise afford , and in the main , the sellers are happy too , knowing they are sharing the love , quite often you will see the same mod passing thru 3 or 4 sets of hands .

HOWEVER it is becoming increasingly obvious the international community is discovering AVF and not believing their luck at the pricing, are growing in numbers everyday , and contributing VERY little to the actual community itself .

Once a mod goes overseas , you can bet your arse it isnt coming back unless someone pays TOP dollar for it !

Now I dont propose we ban overseas sales or limit access or whatever , but what I do ask is that Aussie Vapers Members in posting an ad here , think about the community a little , and consider WHY we are probably the best little vaping community on the planet .... the for sale section gives a great insight into that .... in the main we are about VAPING and FRIENDSHIP , not making BUCKS off some in demand mod . I have seen mods overseas where the asking price can be DOUBLE or more of the retail price paid , simply because the mod is "hot" at the time and in demand .

I dont think we as members can tell another member what to do , but I can ask that we try and keep our little community happy , after all , we are the ones left here after the foreign buyer plunders and runs never to be seen again until the next purchase .

I have a sneaking suspiscion some of these overseas buyers will have their own listing up within minutes of completing a transaction with one of our members on other boards , reselling what they just got from us !

So what would I personally like to see?

Well as a seller , you can sell to whoever you want

but if you want to sell overseas , at least advertise it overseas on one of the rip-off forums and get the dollars for yourself ! not "wholesaling" to a reseller stalking the boards ! ( least preferable option BTW LOL ! )

If you advertise it here on AVF and want to keep the community happy and growing and active... then try and sell it local first , if an overseas buyer is the first to answer , say to them , thanks for your interest , but I am gonna give it 24-48 hours to see if an active local member of this community would like it .

This would certainly help keep the status quo , regarding our great pricing , to great members .

If someone from O/S wants it so bad they are willing to shop 1,000's of miles away for something at half the price they have to pay in their own country , well then they WILL wait a day or two , so the sale would not be threatened, and can still go thru if no local interest .

Just my 2c

( Hopefully then we wont have the anger that seems to be building at "poachers" joining JUST to get access to the classies )
    Last edited by Fatman; 06-01-13 at 12:56 AM.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011
    AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    I agree .. I've seen some GG's go at absolutely retarded prices.
    Fatman likes this.
    Signature link removed. Violation of vendor rules.

http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum-announcements-feedback/16371-avf-moving-forward.html

AVF Regular
    havent you got enough provari's fatman
    RIDING OLD SKOOL and Fatman like this.
    Smokin no good A .

Super Moderator
    Agree with everything you're saying FM especially this...

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    If you advertise it here on AVF and want to keep the community happy and growing and active... then try and sell it local first , if an overseas buyer is the first to answer , say to them , thanks for your interest , but I am gonna give it 24-48 hours to see if an active local member of this community would like it .

Even if members want one price for locals and another for for international buyers - fair enough. Bottom line though is it's the seller's call - nobody's else's
    Noe, Vinny and Fatman like this.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by spencerhastin View Post
    or sitting in a bathtub full of causes of eating ice cream.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lastchance View Post
    havent you got enough provari's fatman
    Well they do say the third is the charm .... ( and I dont have a mini yet :P )
    giruvian likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011
    AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    its a great recommendation fatman but ya may have shot yaself in the foot bringin it to light some might now be looking for that extra buck or 2 , if I ever got anything to sell it will only go to an aussie
    Fatman likes this.
    Smokin no good A .

Super Moderator
    majority of sellers know that they're losing out on bucks selling on this forum - but we do it anyway I don't think that will ever change.

I have too much fun on this forum and like putting something back in - most other mod addicts are the same lol
    Noe, Vinny, Fatman and 2 others like this.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by spencerhastin View Post
    or sitting in a bathtub full of causes of eating ice cream.

AVF Regular
    I got my two Paps from this site, if I sell or buy it's only going to be to Australians, as an example after I bought the first Paps setup I was contacted on another Vapers site with double the amount I paid! ( no, I didn't sell).

Richo
    Vinny likes this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

LOL Ingrid.... Totally agree here

Quote Originally Posted by giruvian View Post
    majority of sellers know that they're losing out on bucks selling on this forum - but we do it anyway I don't think that will ever change.

I have too much fun on this forum and like putting something back in - most other mod addicts are the same lol
    giruvian likes this.

Hey Richo... and that first PAPS that you have is from me, you are not allowed to sell it overseas OK?

Quote Originally Posted by RichoVonBlack View Post
    I got my two Paps from this site, if I sell or buy it's only going to be to Australians, as an example after I bought the first Paps setup I was contacted on another Vapers site with double the amount I paid! ( no, I didn't sell).

Richo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast