Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: RBA night for beginners and intermediate Vapers

AussieVapers approved Vendor

RBA night for beginners and intermediate Vapers

The time has come to release details for the RBA build night.

Tentative date: Saturday 3rd May 2014
    Where: Steamers HQ at 30/506 Botany Rd, Beaconsfield 2015
    Time: 3-7pm
    Spots available: 10 spots with space to build during the tutorials and 5 spots to look over.

The event will consist of the following discussions:

- The night will start with battery safety + battery myths and facts which will be discussed by our much respected Supersports600
    - 5-6 different coil builds that will be explained, shown, and guided by Laurie9300
    - Q&A time covering topics such as Eko VS Silica VS Cotton, how gauges and wraps work + much much more.

We will be organising different packs in the coming week, consisting of different gauge wires, cotton, silica, ekowool, build tools and potentially different choices of RBA's for those that aren't equipped for the night.

Want to join the RBA scene but don't know how to build? Come join us on the 3rd to get some helpful guidance on how to do it.
    Goz, margyb, Old Dog and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I'll be there. In view of the bad news from WA, I'd better make sure I can make my own coils for the Sophias/ebaron dripper.

Not sure I need to take up a spot at the table in order to wrap pre-made NR-R-NR wires around a bit of silica - unless they're specifically being covered. Definitely interested in what SS600 has to say about batteries!

I can bring one of those winding thingamyjigs that clamp to the table.

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

AVF Regular
    Big thanks to the Steamers, not only for hosting another event, but for inviting me to participate. I am not what I would call, highly experienced, or a veteran, but I have wrapped many successful coils. I am experienced in running many training courses on various topics. I hope to help vapers get into building.

@btobw - I have had zero experience with rebuildable cartos, or with nr-r-nr wire, but I would love to have a go, have been toying with buying a diver for a while.
    margyb likes this.

Might pop past and say hello don't need to have a seat a table definitely interested in the battery safety talk

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by laurie9300 View Post
    @btobw - I have had zero experience with rebuildable cartos, or with nr-r-nr wire, but I would love to have a go, have been toying with buying a diver for a while.
    Well, I can certainly bring pre-made wires and ceramic cups - and a spare Sophia for you to play with (temporarily!!!! - I love my Sophias, and the 'spare' is waiting on the arrival of an EPM). I'm afraid I gave away my diver v1s at the Steamers' garage sale - they leaked in my SnP tanks.

If anyone with good eyesight and masochistic tendencies wants an A6 or A7 RDA, I'll have one of each to give away on the day

And thank you Laurie, the Steamers, and SS600 - should be a very informative afternoon!
    margyb likes this.

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

Hanging out for this...and the builders packs. I think the most important tool I had in building my Kayfun up last night was a bottle of wine
    weissesfleisch and tau like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by D Jovanovic View Post
    Hanging out for this...and the builders packs. I think the most important tool I had in building my Kayfun up last night was a bottle of wine
    Vodka also works well hehe

I think the study timetable should permit, if it's ok, please put me down as a perv... err stalk... err viewer of the event, not a builder

Super Moderator
    What a brilliant initiative ... well done Steamers and the guest speakers !
    margyb and weissesfleisch like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Hey BTOBW - We might still have the divers at the store so ill set them aside for Laurie if you like

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Seating spots

1. Non-AVF member
    2. Non AVF member

Stalker/perver/onlooker

1.weissesfleisch
    weissesfleisch likes this.

AVF Regular
    damn it, working that day....

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast