Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Steamers Vape Meet - 2nd August 2014

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bn1986 View Post
    I may be bringing a Genuine Kayfun Lite plus V2 to the garage sale (bought from intaste).

Polished up and in pretty much fantastic condition...

Oh and an SVD...

And i am probably going to bring a plus 1 max, but she wont eat anyway...
    Hey bn1986, I tried to send you this by PM but your inbox is full so here is the message-
    Hey bn,
    How are you going? I just bought a Kayfun from weissesfleisch that he bought from you (post #65) http://forums.aussievapers.com/steam...-2014-a-7.html
    I tried it at first and the airflow was completly blocked up so I unscrewed the airflow screw and pried out a little green ball of rubber. Did you put it in there?
    I wondered if it was a genuine Kayfun lite + as the airflow screw is a different size from my other Kayfun lite +. Also, the driptip is straight as opposed to my other Kayfuns tapered (at the top) drip tip.
    I know it was a long time ago but was just wondering if you could shed any light on the situation. What was the little green rubber ball doing there? Is it a genuine Kayfun lite +?
    Thanks for your help!

AVF Regular
    Send me a pic if u want for me to confirm its what I sold him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    I obviously never had a green ball in my airflow, and what I sold was 10000% genuine...

steve.c likes this.

AVF Regular
    I obviously never had a green ball in my airflow, and what I sold was 10000% genuine...

I can only guess that it may have been juice build up somehow in the time I had it? It worked fine for me from when I bought it from you, I just had to get the grub screw out to get better airflow over time - never occurred to me to poke around in the airflow holes on the base as it just kept choofing away with no hassles

AVF Regular

Yeah it's really weird. It is an actual piece of rubber. I don't think that it could be juice concentrates built up over time because it's water resistant. Oh well, I'm happy without it in there an it is back to normal, I was just wondering where it came from and why it was there. I have a feeling I will never know...

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by weissesfleisch View Post
    I can only guess that it may have been juice build up somehow in the time I had it? It worked fine for me from when I bought it from you, I just had to get the grub screw out to get better airflow over time - never occurred to me to poke around in the airflow holes on the base as it just kept choofing away with no hassles
    Maybe the kids got a hold of it one day and put a little green rubber ball in there? Kids always like to shove things in places.
    I really don't know what could have happened! Was it like that from the first time you got it?

AVF Regular
    Lol, the rubber ball is meant to be there.

I had it on my old kayfun that gone missing, im pretty sure its to prevent whistling.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by zeig View Post
    Lol, the rubber ball is meant to be there.

I had it on my old kayfun that gone missing, im pretty sure its to prevent whistling.
    Really? My other Kayfun lite + doesn't have one- it does have a healthy whistle though. Well, now the ball is in a couple of pieces so I will just put up with the whistling and good airflow. It seriously stopped all airflow though, I don't know how that is a feature.
    With your other one, did you have to take out the screw in order to be able to use it?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nomoresmokes View Post
    Really? My other Kayfun lite + doesn't have one- it does have a healthy whistle though. Well, now the ball is in a couple of pieces so I will just put up with the whistling and good airflow. It seriously stopped all airflow though, I don't know how that is a feature.
    With your other one, did you have to take out the screw in order to be able to use it?
    Was always annoyed by the kayfun whistle, now I know why that one didn't whistle as badly lol

AVF Regular
    Hi weissesfleisch (your inbox is full so I can't PM you) and other Kayfun lovers,
    So I did a bit of research and the makers of Kayfun in their wisdom decided to put a green rubber ball in the airflow hole which (I'm pretty sure) is meant to sit above the airhole you can see when you are vaping. The ball can get dislodged and then completely stop airflow. Also, ultrasonic washing (or whatever it's called) or even washing at high temperatures can damage and/or dislodge the ball)
    It was designed to stop the whistle everyone was complaining about. I just took it out completely and the problem is solved
    Thanks for all your help with this, I didn't mean to offend asking about its authenticity and everything, I was just completely stumped and didn't know what was going on so thought it would be best to explore all avenues.
    I'm a happy vaper and happy with our exchange now that the problem is solved. I think it is a little weird of the company to put it in when it is going to cause problems down the track but they probably didn't think it would and only the test of time has proven that these little green balls are completely superfluous to a well designed contraption.
    Thanks again

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112