Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: When is openning hours not openning hours?

AVF Regular

Angry When is openning hours not openning hours?

After a few months vaping using Vision/e-Go twist batteries and clearomizer tanks, I thought I'd lash out and spend a few $ on a new mod.

But all the talk around the forum I find confusing (with its technical terms and common abbreviations), and I would want to hold a mod. in my hand before deciding to lay out money on it anyway, so I looked around for local 'bricks and mortar' shops to do some browsing.

Was happy to find the address of the Beaconsfield shop, checked and double checked the hours, then planned a train trip from Campsie to Central, back to Green Square, and a hop over to the shop to find it..

Closed at 3:40pm today.

Maybe instead of proclaiming opening hours on the site, it would be better to write 'open by appointment, just give us a ring!'.

Super Moderator
    Vaporific likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Retired Account
    My fault, Vaporific.. I was in hospital this morning and not able to open the shop (First Meniere's attack in nearly 3 years unfortunately) I am looking after things (together with MrG) while the steamers are overseas on holidays. My sincere apologies, but we just didn't have any alternative today. I'll be back in the saddle tomorrow. Please let me know who you are when you come in again, and I'll find a freebie for you to make up for the inconvenience today.

AVF Regular
    Vaporific, you just timed it extremely badly, it is the first time I have ever seen the shop closed when it would usually be open, and the circumstances are completely reasonable. It's a great shop, just make a call next time before you head off.
    Browny likes this.

AVF Regular
    Such a shame, Vaporific, because your plan of getting hands-on guidance is absolutely top-notch. Please don't let today's experience put you off.

Hope you're feeling ok now, MrsG.
    Bobthebuilder and Vaporific like this.

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    My fault, Vaporific.. I was in hospital this morning and not able to open the shop ...
    I hope you are soon feeling as much better as having that whinge made me feel just now (it was quite theraputive for me).

Especially given the thread in this forum explaining (it'd be great if such 'instantaneous' messages could also appear on the shop's site, but 'if we lived in a perfect world..' & all that), I completely forgive any inconvenience today & would be happy to pop by some time in the near future and try again.

..I'll ring first.

Umm.. Does this thread need to stay here? I'm just as happy having it vanish completely.

AVF Regular
    Poor MrsGruffy. vertigo sucks very very badly. Sympathies from us here.
    merexy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LimeB View Post
    Poor MrsGruffy. vertigo sucks very very badly. Sympathies from us here.
    Me too!!!!
    MrGruffy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaporific View Post
    I hope you are soon feeling as much better as having that whinge made me feel just now (it was quite theraputive for me).

Especially given the thread in this forum explaining (it'd be great if such 'instantaneous' messages could also appear on the shop's site, but 'if we lived in a perfect world..' & all that), I completely forgive any inconvenience today & would be happy to pop by some time in the near future and try again.

..I'll ring first.

Umm.. Does this thread need to stay here? I'm just as happy having it vanish completely.
    Damn,
    I posted on the Steamies face book page this morning early to help avoid disappointing peoples, apparently it goes to them and isn't public as such.

AVF Regular
    Be nice. I believe you would expect everyone to understand if it were you. Right?
    Yul Brynner: Whatever you do, don't "Smoke"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast