Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stylemessiah

Thread: As Always, Great Service

AVF Regular

As Always, Great Service

Went in with the idea of buying a second tank (and other bits and pieces of course) today

I'd already talked about when Steam would have the new Lemo 2's in during last week, Max said 2 weeks and that he had heard some negatives about it from around the traps, and we discovered we had both seen pbusardos cranky review. But Max was suspending judgement until they arrived and he had some more feedback.

In the meantime was just looking for something in case my sole and primary tank died or i dropped it etc...

I'd made rumblings last visit about getting an AGA T5 as it looked a bit forgiving, you could chuck a ton of wick in it, and some folks in the forums had positive words... and got atty blocked by Max

I brought i up again today, but as he does, he calmly explained why he didnt think it was for me. Likewise pointed out i didnt have anything with enough grunt to exploit the Delta II's full potential. That didnt leave a lot, and of course ruled out the tank that i first got and wasnt ideal

But kudos to Max for being who he is and trying to save you from yourself

In the end we came to a concensus that the Lemo 2, with its quirks, is probably worth trying when he gets them in in a few weeks.

Sure i could have gotten a second Lemo (1), but that would be boring, i like new toys....err did i mention im buying this purely as a backup?

I did manage to buy 2 batteries for the HCigar DNA40 box i bought off here the other week and has been sitting there staring at me until payday today.

Got some cotton, can never have too much and its better than the gear in the Lemo box, which isnt bad, but ....

Then broached the subject of getting both kanthal and nickel, to try the temp control on the DNA40 box....got the in and outs of nickel and its quirks from Max and Ben...didnt sound like a lot of fun as its harder to work with. Reasonable to say i didnt like the spectre of the coil collapsing if i got the cotton too tight and trying to pull it through or when doing the usual backwards and forwards after getting it through to settle it into the coil as you do with kanthal. I may revisit this when i have plenty of time and patience (im not really equipped with a lot of that lately)

So bought stock standard kanthal for now.

Syringes - those numbers rub off after many mixing exploits!

Then of course there was the question of flavours...for someone who's been tooting a lot of unflavoured lately i always seem to come out Steam with some more flavours to add to the shelf....jesus, just remembered i wanted some Watts - that was a main thing i wanted (thanks memory!). But got a Mint Candy doubler, and a small TFA Anise...which i cant wait to get into - if that goes as well as i hope and my gob feels like its been filled with black jelly beans i will swap whatever functional organs are left in my abdominal cavity m going to treat myself to that on wednesday i think. Sure i can smell it only a few feet away, even with the lid on, but one must have discipline! Im sure i meant to get another flavour..or two. My flavour shelf is half Steams own and half TFA concentrates...by rights i should be sorted for months, but well, next visit....

I got to test some of the Five Pawns juices, and they were nothing short of a revelation. In my short time ive tried a few juices from other people and other brands in the store where i didnt get all tastes that one was supposed to get going by the blurb/label ...assumed my tastebuds were dead from smoking. Whatever the guys at Five Pawns has done its pretty close to magic. You can taste EVERY element in the flavouring, no REALLY. If they say it has elements of this and that and also that in it, you CAN taste it. Really quite amazing, and i can see why Max has gotten it in. I didnt try them all as i didnt want to be a juice whore and some flavours right off the bat i knew werent in my taste profile, but Bowden’s Mate....jesus, this flavour is amazing and the mint stays with you for a long while afterwards, but it tapers its way down to that via chocolate and vanilla, like magic in your mouth. The other one i tried i think was Castle Long? the rum one, and it had all my favourite elements in it. Really you need to try these, like nothing id yet had since starting vaping....

But as always, the best part of a visit to the store is the staff getting an idea of whats more than likely the exactly right gear for you and to get the best result, and the friendly banter which has made this agoraphobic socially awkward nutbag feel like ive known them for ever, and feel comfortable there, and thats a feeling i dont get many places

So as always great service and the model for how to run a business, and treat your customers
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 04-05-15 at 11:14 PM.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    You always know a company is good when they don't try and sell you something just for the sake of making a sale.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoandlaughter View Post
    You always know a company is good when they don't try and sell you something just for the sake of making a sale.
    Try going into the average store these days, they sell you a box, and send you on your way.....they dont want to give you any advice that isnt on a script, and theyll upsell you to something you dont need.....$60+ HDMI cables at Hardly Normals springs to mind

None of that guff here...
    nicoandlaughter likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17