Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bkeniry
  • 1 Post By bkeniry

Thread: Battery problem

Battery problem

I am also having what sounds like a battery connection issue with my ego-c 1000mah upgrade battery. Only had it for 3 weeks. When pressed, the button lights up but nothing happens. If I give it a bit of a shake though it works fine for a while (a few minutes usually).

Have tried prising up the centre contact as suggested by Stoney to no avail. Haven't tried too hard as I don't want to be too brutal to the battery and break it. I use this battery a lot more than my other ego battery and I swithc clearos quite often during the day, so maybe I have screwed it on too tight.

Another thing I have noticed however is that there is a distinct pattern of wear on the surface of the central contact where the clearo makes contact. Don't know if this has worn away the surface so it's no longer conducting properly or not.
    kritikal likes this.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by bkeniry View Post
    I am also having what sounds like a battery connection issue with my ego-c 1000mah upgrade battery. Only had it for 3 weeks. When pressed, the button lights up but nothing happens. If I give it a bit of a shake though it works fine for a while (a few minutes usually).

Have tried prising up the centre contact as suggested by Stoney to no avail. Haven't tried too hard as I don't want to be too brutal to the battery and break it. I use this battery a lot more than my other ego battery and I swithc clearos quite often during the day, so maybe I have screwed it on too tight.

Another thing I have noticed however is that there is a distinct pattern of wear on the surface of the central contact where the clearo makes contact. Don't know if this has worn away the surface so it's no longer conducting properly or not.
    Did you purchase this battery from us? I only ask because you have stated a 1000mAh upgrade battery and we do not sell these, unless you have made an error in your description.

If you are getting wear on the batteries centre pin, then that's a possible sign that you are over tightening it.

Also make sure your battery is clean, allowing the centre pin to get dirty will interfere with the contact.

If you would like to email us on our sales email with your order number, I can look into this more for you.
    Signature Link Removed. Violation of vendor rules.

http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum-announcements-feedback/16371-avf-moving-forward.html

Quote Originally Posted by VapingCobra View Post
    Did you purchase this battery from us? I only ask because you have stated a 1000mAh upgrade battery and we do not sell these, unless you have made an error in your description.

If you are getting wear on the batteries centre pin, then that's a possible sign that you are over tightening it.

Also make sure your battery is clean, allowing the centre pin to get dirty will interfere with the contact.
    No, I got these batteries from VapeBar

At first I thought it might be the centre pin issue, but levering it up makes no difference.

I have cleaned the connections and this doesn't help either.

After some websearching I hae found that apparently a common problem which produces exactly these symptoms (button lighting up by not working) is that the connections inside the battery are quite fragile and can come loose easily. Apparently the solder on the connections breaks causing them to connect only intermittently or not at all. (this wouldn't be very surprising since I've dropped it a few times)

So now I am going to try pulling the battery apart and checking the connections, re-soldering them if necessary.

I'll let everyone know how this goes.

you realise you are talking about battery issues in the vaping cobra subforum.
    except .. you didn't buy them there..
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Sorry, had to move it to the appropriate vendor thread.
    carry on..
    I know its a similar issue but its imprtant to either discuss with the correct vendor or in a general thread.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    lol! You sir, get a like. I'm feeling generous.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

AVF Regular
    I hope you haven't dismantled your battery yet.

Send a polite email to MJ at service@vapebar.com.au (I think. It's on their card) explaining the issue, something might be able to be resolved. If not, you can try fix it yourself, buy new innards or just buy a new one.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

Not dismantled yet

Cheers kritikal.

As I regard it as entirely my fault for dropping the battery quite a few times, I don't really want to ask VapeBar to do anything about the problem. It's not in any way their fault.

@Stoney
    Sorry about that, at first I didn't notice that it was a vendor specific thread. I just did a search on battery problems and it was the only thread that seemed to talk about a similar issue. Will pay more attention in future.

Just got my new ego twist, so now that I have a replacement for it, I might take the battery apart this weekend. Thinking of using it as an excuse for doing a steampunk mod on it. Give it a nice shiny brass outer tube with bits and bobs and maybe some gears and stuff. I'm currently working on a similar project with some USB sticks.

Thanks for all the replies, you guys are great.
    Fatman likes this.