Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Pueronline
  • 1 Post By LizBiz25

Thread: Thanks for the Juice!

Thanks for the Juice!

Just wanted to give some props for the service!

Just got my delivery of some Wizards Brew, Mint slice and Vanilla Tobacco! The smell fantastic! I even got a free sample of the apple tart flavour. Now that's what makes for repeat business!

This is my first adventure into Aussie juice and doublers.

I'm interested. What sort of steeping process do you recommend? I've read that Mint Slice should be steep for three weeks. Is this the same for all the flavours? By steeping do you mean leaving sealed in a dark cool place? Or do you recommend a different process?

Thanks!
    LilOakie89 likes this.

I Steep my juices in a closed cardboard box in a cupboard (first 24hrs with lid and nipple off the bottle then after that i shake the bottles daily). Im sure others will have various methods. Ive only really had experience with Vapeking doublers and can tell you that in thier case I steep for 4 weeks+. Yes you can vape prior but for Vapeking the "pinnacle of taste" is around that time.
    Feel like a sir.jpg
    Last edited by Rylee74; 17-08-13 at 10:10 AM. Reason: an alarm sounds in the distance.
    "It's a Grower....Not a 'Shower'!!!" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Thanks Rylee. I wasn't sure if I should leave the top off for the first 24 hours. I've heard that the nic content will evaporate if the top is left of? I'm not sure how true or how dramatic the decrease is.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pueronline View Post
    Thanks Rylee. I wasn't sure if I should leave the top off for the first 24 hours. I've heard that the nic content will evaporate if the top is left of? I'm not sure how true or how dramatic the decrease is.
    Never heard that one! Thousands of vapers leave the cap off new juices for a day or so before steeping and I've heard no reports of nic evaporating off?

Some of the base might evaporate which will actually increase the Nic %. Due to the surface area evaporation is very minimal anyway. VG has a boiling point of 280 degrees Celsius, with PG at around 180 degrees Celsius. Evaporation is very minimal.

Really. I'm just going on what I have read on differnet forums

FYI, there is a recent thread around here which discusses the evaporation of nicotine levels in juice, and I believe (don't quote me) that the rate of evaporation is higher when juices are steeped with the cap off ... something like 24mg reduced to 2mg over the course of 72 hours ... I would search for that thread because it was an interesting read.
    ** stolen from ecigforum.

So you all recommend cap off for 24 hours? I've also read you only need to do this if it has a perfumi or alcohol smell.

I'm not sure on the apple pie flavour. Not sure if it needs more steeping but has a very funny off custard taste! I can't get the flavour out of my Protank! I've only tried a bit of the wizards brew as well, which I must say tastes amazing! It's almost like a shot of espresso with every vape!

I'm not sure on the apple pie flavour. Not sure if it needs more steeping but has a very funny off custard taste! I can't get the flavour out of my Protank! I've only tried a bit of the wizards brew as well, which I must say tastes amazing! It's almost like a shot of espresso with every vape!
    Just tried the apple pie again and it has very much improved with some steeping. Should be great in a week or two!

AVF Regular
    that apple pie is amazing after a few weeks. I hated it at first and then forgot all about it but went back and gave it another go after a month or so and its yum.
    Pueronline likes this.