Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Dark Burner Concentrate Discussion

AussieVapers approved Vendor

Dark Burner Concentrate Discussion

A thread to discuss the flavour profiles from the Dark Burner Range.

Ill put my thoughts here as I mix up and sample more flavours but remember I am biased (due to selling them) and taste is subjective so this would a good place for customers to share their unbiased thoughts and reviews. The translated product descriptions tend to be a little vague along with reviews which are mostly in German so until more people in Oz have tried them, there is very little info to be found about them.

Dark Burner offer some impressive flavour blends at great prices which offer vapers an alternative to DIY from scratch, Aussie Doublers or imported premixed liquids which is ultimately going to lead to significant $$ savings if you decide to try these out.

Feel free to comment. Blog Post is here which can be used as another discussion point if anyone prefers. Will allow non AVF vapers a chance to read peoples thoughts.

Ill reserve this for my reviews in an effort not to clutter the thread
    bk_renesis and steve.c like this.

AVF Regular
    Good one Ben. I am interested in these concentrates and was wondering what peoples results and impressions were using them. I think CC has already mixed a few batches of them. Awaiting posts......
    bencairns likes this.

AVF Regular

Cool

Nice, will post my reviews here as I try the juice.

1st Review.

Coolmichibär - Iced Strawberry

Mix Info:
    6mg Nic / 40pg/60vg
    Used Recommended percentage: 8%
    Steep Method: Steep Time 2 days (recommended), Sat bottle in a warm box (In my workstation) for 2 days with 12hrs breathe time.
    Notes: Definitely needs the breathe time, it smelled a little perfumy before and decidedly delicious after 12hrs.

Tested on a subtank mini (RBA) at .6ohms on a twisted 29guage twisted kanthal coil. Running 30watts (4.0volts).

Taste is subjective, these are just my thoughts.

I'll say straight away, this stuff is delicious. I've had a few disappointing strawberry flavours that taste a little under ripe, or like you're vaping the whole strawberry including the stem. There's none of that in this. It is more of a candied flavour, it is however, not overly juicy or tart. I suspect that the strawberry flavour used here is shared with the other Dark Burner concentrate (the strawberry bonbon one).

The menthol is pleasant and not overpowering even while the rest of the flavour is quite strong. And it IS strong, I mixed up 30ml of juice, so I have plenty of the concentrate left, the next mix i'll probably use 7% concentrate. This is entirely personal preference of course, I do enjoy strong flavoured vapes, and I am enjoying this, but it could be more diluted and still be great. Perhaps not quite an all day vape for me, it's a little too sweet at 8%, but I suspect that's easily fixed.

This is a simple and tasty vape, mixing is no more complicated then mixing a doubler assuming you add extra PG/VG. Very happy with the quality/quantity for the price.

Will I buy more? Yes. Definitely.

------------------------------------------------------------

Himbeer-Joghurt - Raspberry Yoghurt

Mix Info:
    6mg Nic / 40pg/60vg
    Used Recommended percentage: 8%
    Steep Method: Steep Time 2 days (recommended), Sat bottle in a warm box (In my workstation) for 4 days with 12hrs breathe time.

Tested on a subtank mini (RBA) at .53ohms on a twisted 29guage twisted kanthal coil. Running 31.7watts (4.1volts)

The not-so-difficult second album. As before, taste is subjective, these are just my thoughts.

So, I went into this one a little apprehensive. I haven't tried a yoghurt vape before, so factor that into my thoughts if you will. I wasn't sure this would live up to the pretty easy to do strawberry menthol. This did get a little more steep time because I didn't have a free tank to test it earlier, I would imagine similarly to custard that yoghurt flavours favour a longer steep.

However, I'm suitable impressed. This concentrate was not too strong at 8%. Neither the Raspberry nor the yoghurt are overpowering, they both work well to make this a very nice vape. I'm getting a decent amount of fruit and a little yoghurt on the inhale, the exhale is a little more yoghurt. Very mellow, very pleasant. I could definitely vape this all day. The taste is a little warm, I wonder if adding a little Koolada might give it a more yoghurt feel. (it doesn't need it, but i'll give it a try anyway).

So far, these concentrates are punching above my expectations, I'm really impressed.

Will I buy more? Yes. If it's better with some Koolada, all the better!

NOTE: Seems to be some sweetener in this one. The first few vapes after leaving the tank for a bit just gives me a sweet flavour, with no raspberry or yoghurt. Probably takes a half dozen vapes to come good.

------------------------------------------------------------

Next Review: Blue Harry! (that name though!)
    Last edited by VapinCairns; 28-10-15 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Added note to raspberry yoghurt review.
    Fatman, bencairns and steve.c like this.

AVF Regular
    My Mix:

Butter Cake 10%
    Cacao Creme 8%
    Nicotine 3mg made batch of 200ml 100% VG bar the Flavouring

With only the weekend to steep so far, I am getting a delicious chocolate caramel covered walnut.
    The chocolate is very light with the caramel a little stronger but heavy walnut flavour.
    I have the mix in a borosilicate 250ml flask and swirl in air bubbles once an hour.
    The primary mix was an overpowering smell and is levelling off now and smells more like a chocolate liquor.

Will follow up next weekend on vape flavour.

Looking forward to try more flavours and see what custom mixes will go well together.
    bencairns and steve.c like this.

AVF Regular
    Follow up:

The Chocolate and Caramel have mellowed out and the walnut is prominent.

It is delicious, I am very impressed.
    I was hoping for a Buttered Rum type of blend when originally mixing the two concentrates.
    I have previously loved Pistachio and Sweet nuts and this blend is akin to them both.
    With almost 100%VG it will no doubt change with a much longer steep, glad I mixed up a big batch

I will get onto the other concentrates later down the track as I will vape this until Gone.

Thank you Ben, you cannot judge a price when Quality it the driving factor.
    Will certainly buy more when Financial plans allow.

bencairns and VapinCairns like this.

AVF Regular
    Good stuff Bugz...but keep ya mits off the Macaroon
    ...lol..a least untill tmw. ☺
    bugzme likes this.

Thanks Buzme. Reminds me I need to do a little writeup on the ones I've tried so far. There is quite a few dessert, creamy flavours in the 2nd batch that I can tell will mix nicely with some of the others. Just a matter of trial and error.
    bugzme likes this.

AVF Regular
    Just grabbed the last Butter Cake. Also Route 66 and Macaroon. I hope they are good singly. Not to sharp mixing multiple flavours. Ill report back in here in a week or so. Cheers
    Crisscross, bencairns and shaneo like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp View Post
    Just grabbed the last Butter Cake. Also Route 66 and Macaroon. I hope they are good singly. Not to sharp mixing multiple flavours. Ill report back in here in a week or so. Cheers
    Hey Stomp, haven't had a chance to post up findings yet but with my initial experience with Butter Cake you may want to up the percentage if you were thinking of mixing it on its lonesome. After recommended steep time the flavor was very faint in a 50/50 blend.

Then again i'm expecting the flavour of biting in to a fresh woolies butter cake so perhaps the flavour doesn't meet my expectations, but you can definetely taste the buttery dough flavour there... just needs more % imo.
    Stomp likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast