Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Bug in the system

Thumbs up Bug in the system

Was ordering another load of flavours (my 4th), next thing I'm logged out when I tried to apply the AVF discount code--dosen't like me , logged in again and my cart had the last order included yet again--previous last order did this too where I had to manually delete the previous order--gave up, I just can't be bothered editing, have spent plenty with Charlie already. ARRRGHHH !!!

That's frustrating.
    isn't the AVF code a one time use?
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    ProVari V2, SmokTech 1.5 ohm dc carto, OCD Tank at 4.3 volts
    Vaping and Loving it

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxien View Post
    Was ordering another load of flavours (my 4th), next thing I'm logged out when I tried to apply the AVF discount code--dosen't like me , logged in again and my cart had the last order included yet again--previous last order did this too where I had to manually delete the previous order--gave up, I just can't be bothered editing, have spent plenty with Charlie already. ARRRGHHH !!!
    Hi Saxien,

We spoke to the cart supplier, they are stating this is a cache issue on the local side and could be related to an unfinished order, sorry, but I don't develop the software so don't know where to start with fixing it if it's a bug, searching for this type of issue brings nothing up for the software either. Unfortunately because we are not getting others saying the same thing, it's not an easy thing to trace.

Yes the AVF code is a one time only code for new customers, however we do continually advertise other codes on facebook and twitter.
    Signature Link Removed. Violation of vendor rules.

http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum-announcements-feedback/16371-avf-moving-forward.html

AVF Regular
    It's all good - I had this issue with my last order, too.
    But thankfully it was all in chronological order, so I just manually deleted the items from the last one.
    But I did get a bit of a fright - was quite a substantial total before I looked more closely LOL

And I don't think the code's got anything do do with it. I don't use the code at all.
    Last edited by essiemessy; 09-08-13 at 11:39 AM.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Yeah has happened to me as well.

I don't think it is on the local side either, Charlie as I just logged into my account from the reception computer at work that I haven't used before to place an order and if I click on cart, the contents of my last order are in there.

If you need any more details to try and track down the issue, shoot me a PM.

AVF Regular
    Charlie it sounds more like a cookie error on the cart server side to me. Cookies are not being cleared properly once the order has been completed. If you mention that to your IT people who developed the cart for you, they might be able to track it down. Thats the first place I would be investigating anyway

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Yeah has happened to me as well.

I don't think it is on the local side either, Charlie as I just logged into my account from the reception computer at work that I haven't used before to place an order and if I click on cart, the contents of my last order are in there.

If you need any more details to try and track down the issue, shoot me a PM.
    Will do, anyone else that is having this issue, can you please provide detailed information to sales@vapingcobra.com.au, the more I have the quicker I can sort this out with the developers. Not sure what it could be, because nothing has changed in months.

Information that would help from what I can gather is

Did you use points at the checkout of your last order, not sure why I'm thinking this but, who knows

Did PayPal finish the redirection back to our site, or did you quite the page after the transaction by PayPal was completed - This is what I thought it would be, because it's the last part of the process and then the command to remove the cache on the local is issued.

http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum-announcements-feedback/16371-avf-moving-forward.html

Quote Originally Posted by LizBiz25 View Post
    Charlie it sounds more like a cookie error on the cart server side to me. Cookies are not being cleared properly once the order has been completed. If you mention that to your IT people who developed the cart for you, they might be able to track it down. Thats the first place I would be investigating anyway
    Thanks LizBiz, yeah that's what I'm assuming also, I can only think that there is an issue between the IPN with PayPal and the final process on our website.

AVF Regular
    Possibly yes, I have had issues with shopping cart software and IPN before. lol trouble with shopping carts is that they are all different so cant point you to the exact point where it is going wrong. I have just logged in to my account and yes my previous order was still showing. I have deleted the items from my cart now.

ps. Am loving the pink flamingo

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VapingCobra View Post
    Will do, anyone else that is having this issue, can you please provide detailed information to sales@vapingcobra.com.au, the more I have the quicker I can sort this out with the developers. Not sure what it could be, because nothing has changed in months.

Information that would help from what I can gather is

Did you use points at the checkout of your last order, not sure why I'm thinking this but, who knows

Did PayPal finish the redirection back to our site, or did you quite the page after the transaction by PayPal was completed - This is what I thought it would be, because it's the last part of the process and then the command to remove the cache on the local is issued.
    Hmmmm cant remember whether I quit or there was a redirect back to the page (sorry) also def didnt use points.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast