Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: New EM Egos in stock at Vapourtron

Quote Originally Posted by Vapour_tron
    1. sure the pic i posted was a janty ego. everybody copies and pastes pictures to save time.
    Now that's just a little sad. I'm actually feeling sorry for you. But hey, thanks for admitting you deliberately included a picture of what you're not selling.
    2. I never said it was a Janty Ego, and that was spelled out clearly. So why would you thimk i was trying to sell one.
    Because the picture you opted to post shows one. It's pretty. I want one that's pretty. With shiny silver bits. And a Janty box. Like in the photo that you deliberately used to advertise your product.
    3.The model stated on the invoice from the supplier states EM-EGO so thats what im calling it
    Thanks for reinforcing that you have the same integrity as your imitation suppliers. I think it's great that Vapourtron takes pride in their reputation and their reputation speaks for itself. I agree with your website. It speaks volumes.
    4 The box that they supplied happens to look like a janty box. Maybe i should go and get the units repackaged to keep a few people happy.
    Maybe you shouldn't show photos of products you're not selling. Maybe you should be honest. Maybe you should not try to sell products by showing different, more expensive, original versions that your cheap imitation product is based on.
    5. You stated "Although packaging is the same, not one of them would have the Janty logo." Well here is one out of about 50 i spotted in 5 min http://gzx.en.alibaba.com/product/32694 ... smoke.html That one does not look like an ego but the box is similar to a Janty
    So you're clever enough to find 50 in 5 minutes. Excellent. Well done. You're a god damn superstar if one ever existed. Yet you opted to post an image of a Janty Ego instead of one of these 50? I must be a little slow. You obviously didn't buy these sight unseen - so you had access to the correct picture. yet you still opted for a photo of a different, dearer product. Maybe it's cold and my brain isn't working properly. I'm struggling to understand what possible motives...
    6. Is it a janty ego ? I never said it was .
    And again, you deliberately showed an image of one. You admitted doing so. And you proved that you could find another 50 in five minutes. And you had access to the correct image. And you're a knob. Probably not a shiny silver one.

Ohhhhh and to highlight your knobness, you decided to continue using the Janty image on your site too. Cool. I wanna join your fan club. You're king of the knob tree. Deceiving peeps since 2010. Making the vaping scene look honest and reputable. The knob king.

Wow that's a pretty harsh post man

Yer.. harsh it is.. but you know, while I cringed at the harshness a little when I was reading it this morning, I think it is important for vendors to realise that the vaping community are people who have been lied to for many years about many products that are sub-standard and do not work (e.g. Nicotine Patches). Even the smallest blemish on someone's site is going to create anxiety and confusion over the products. For the well informed, this kind of thing is the same as the media/press changing the words to suit their purposes. For the not so well informed, it leads to confusion over which products are actually good or not.. with the real possibility of them giving up on vaping altogether.

So with this in mind, I believe that it really does need to highlighted and explained why. That's been done now, so I don't see any need to continue harrassing this vendor. We need our vendors just as much as they need us and while there are many vendors out there to replace this one, if we keep on alienating each one for small mistakes and oversights, there won't be any left in Australia.

Quality and intregity is definitely highly regarded amongst the intelligent vaping community but we all need to start somewhere and we all make mistakes. So I just hope Vapour_tron can learn from this mistake and move on and up to better things.
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

dbn

Got a bit wild on the last paragraph but his main point is SPOT ON... maybe we as the community need to lift our "local" stores game for them. If your in it for a quick buck, dont bother openning an ecig store.

The E-Cig World is not standardized. Suppliers can sell anything they pretty much can get there hands on. Maybe it's time we as a community create a 'Standard'. Keep them high. No body wants cheap products sold at premium prices. If you havent realised already, people will pay money for a decent device. Look at the whole GGTS thing. $300 PV. People jumped in it instantly. Take pride in your store, in your community, offer some quality products that YOU can be proud of. Know that your not ripping your customers off with after market products availble at your cities local China Town $2 store. We are not a cheap community that will take anything you throw at us, dont treat us like one!

Maybe it'll make our vendors think twice about what cheap imitation product they going to bring into the country too sell next? Maybe even help grow the Aussie Vapers reputation around the world into something decent and not the vaping community with all the stores selling cheap pvs.

I have never stood for it (as you can see). And neither should anyone else.

Up your game vendors Seriously.

Edit: Great post Light! 100% agree

Can't count the amount of people I have heard of directly or indirectly who have been ripped off by poor quality "mall" e-cigs. That's not to say that Vapour_tron's stuff is all bad quality etc.. just saying, it's quite a common "trick" for new starters to come in and charge the same as everyone else (or more) for inferior products. A lot of those people who got ripped off are back on the smokes and have no faith in e-cigs anymore.. and that is the real sad thing about it. People get ripped off all the time in many different markets but it is the fact that people give up on vaping and go back to smoking that is the real issue at the heart of the matter.
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

I'm speaking generally here and not specifically talking about vaportron, though this thread has prompted me to post.

It seems anyone with a credit card and a mate who "does websites" can open an e cig store. These people are not necessarily shonky as general citizens, but they clearly have no business background and clearly don't understand their obligations UNDER LAW.

I have seen dealers talk of the "next big thing" only to have it disintegrate in the users hand minutes after opening the box. Yes dealers, you THINK you're buying quality, yes you can get it CHEAP, yes it LOOKS like a good ecig. If taking your own photos is seen by you guys as "a waste of time" and it's better to use someone else's, I can only imagine how non existent your testing of the units is.

You hurt noobs who just want to get into vaping to avoid cancer and the exploitation of big tobacco and government.
    SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME!!!!!

In business you have a right to a good profit, BUT YOU HAVE THE RESPONSIBILITY TO PROVIDE A GOOD PRODUCT OR SERVICE. AND TO CONDUCT YOUR BUSINESS ETHICALLY ACCORDING TO LAW.

If you fail in this regard, not only are you a knob, but you are a parasite as well. we don't need or want dealers like that!

Vaportron, I am not talking about you. I have no knowledge of you atm. but I will have a squiz at your site.

Tokes

Vapourtron,

I just checked out your site. cool
    On your homepage it says...
    "Every item we stock has been specifically selected to take your
    Electronic Cigarettes to higher levels, so why not give them a try!"

Excellent! That's what we want in a supplier!
    It's a bold claim to live up to though!

good luck

Tokes

I don't think it was harsh at all. I actually think the opposite. The knob had access to the right photo, but opted to deliberately deceive by posting a picture of a better quality product in hope of catching a few people out. End of story.

Anyone who buys anything from this guy needs their head read. There's absolutely no guarantee that what your buying will be what you receive.

The funny thing to all this is , I cant believe you people have so much time on your hands.
    I was going to retract the original pic and try and make things right but after all the lovely comments
    from what you call the vaping comumnity on this forum i decided to leave everything as it is.
    I dont see any comments regarding a unit beeing advertised as a 6 volt ego model 6 VL3 which in fact is
    a Riva or similar. But then again why would say anything about it. He is one of your friends or he seems to be
    looking at some of the irc chat's. Anyway thank you all for the publicity I never ment to ruffle your feathers or misslead anyone probably a mistake on my part, but then again, life goes on. Please feel free to keep posting comments,
    I enjoy reading them.
    Vapourtron
    http://www.vapourtron.com.au
    Melbourne Victoria

dbn

The funny thing to all this is , I cant believe you people have so much time on your hands.
    I was going to retract the original pic and try and make things right but after all the lovely comments
    from what you call the vaping comumnity on this forum i decided to leave everything as it is.
    I dont see any comments regarding a unit beeing advertised as a 6 volt ego model 6 VL3 which in fact is
    a Riva or similar. But then again why would say anything about it. He is one of your friends or he seems to be
    looking at some of the irc chat's. Anyway thank you all for the publicity I never ment to ruffle your feathers or misslead anyone probably a mistake on my part, but then again, life goes on. Please feel free to keep posting comments,
    I enjoy reading them.
    quite the opposite mr.vapourtron.
    again, it was not a STAB at you specifically and hopefully future vendors and exisiting are reading all this.
    "we dont want cheap imitionations. we want to be able to be able to trust a vendor and get things locally." that is what your customer base wants. if your targetting new people wanting to try out vaping with that kinda gear, i say good luck too you... we wont be standing by it anymore.

hopefully, this ups the quality of ecigs in australia and stops the mass import of multiple imitation models. not saying they are not "good" they may be GREAT PVs. BUT FFS! rebrand them or something. dont just sell them off as "ego" regardless of your low moral suppliers. we are not china, we are australia... take pride.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast