Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: New Australian On Line Store

New Australian On Line Store

Hi All, I love vaping so much I have setup my own online business.
    Link disabled FM

Let me know what you think and we hold good levels of stock. More products to come as we go.
    Last edited by Fatman; 14-04-13 at 12:50 PM.
    [URL="link removed..FM"[/URL]

$42.60 for a cigalike! Is this a new record? Makes Soulblu look like a bargain basement!
    margyb, CCC, stevepowley and 4 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Ummmm, yeah, you get a point for effort but your costing structure is fractured, you'll get a few of the uninformed buyers, but anyone who does buy from you may use a devious evil method that was designed to rob you of return customers,,,, it's called Google,,, one point for starting a business, but methinks you won't be around long,
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

AVF Regular
    U know is it really so hard to do competitor research and have decent stock at decent prices. But mind u who opens an online vape store with 1 batt 1 carto and a charger.
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

AVF Regular
    Ohhhhh sold.....
    margyb and RichoVonBlack like this.

AVF Regular
    So few products, so little investment beyond an alibaba purchase and a web site, test the waters with a few dollars, possibly less than $200 including domain rego.
    Ok, that's one thing, but from your FAQ, the following;

Does the liquid contain nicotine ?
    It is illegal to sell nicotine products in Australia. All of our products do not contain any nicotine. The e cigarette is great for satisfying the need to smoke and that feeling you get in the back of your throat. I found that a combination of wearing a nicotine replacement patch and using e cigarettes has solved all my problems.

Are they safe ?
    Many experts think that electronic cigarettes are a healthier and safer alternative to tobacco cigarettes. However, since e-cigarettes are fairly new in the market, it will require many years of scientific study to further support these claims. Note that electronic cigarettes deliver some nicotine contents, which are considered addictive, but, unlike tobacco cigarettes, e-cigarettes have various nicotine levels, which enable you to systematically wean off your nicotine cravings.

Having these two statements right next to each other seems to be a very high level of cynical marketing.
    Overall, nice mobile site, but I hope you fail with your "limited investment, appeal to the worst of smokers ignorance, cynically gouging mark ups" and content that appears to have remarkable similarity with other web content.
    Now, for coffee, much coffee.
    RichoVonBlack likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    So few products, so little investment beyond an alibaba purchase and a web site, test the waters with a few dollars, possibly less than $200 including domain rego.
    Ok, that's one thing, but from your FAQ, the following;

Does the liquid contain nicotine ?
    It is illegal to sell nicotine products in Australia. All of our products do not contain any nicotine. The e cigarette is great for satisfying the need to smoke and that feeling you get in the back of your throat. I found that a combination of wearing a nicotine replacement patch and using e cigarettes has solved all my problems.

Are they safe ?
    Many experts think that electronic cigarettes are a healthier and safer alternative to tobacco cigarettes. However, since e-cigarettes are fairly new in the market, it will require many years of scientific study to further support these claims. Note that electronic cigarettes deliver some nicotine contents, which are considered addictive, but, unlike tobacco cigarettes, e-cigarettes have various nicotine levels, which enable you to systematically wean off your nicotine cravings.

Having these two statements right next to each other seems to be a very high level of cynical marketing.
    Overall, nice mobile site, but I hope you fail with your "limited investment, appeal to the worst of smokers ignorance, cynically gouging mark ups" and content that appears to have remarkable similarity with other web content.
    Now, for coffee, much coffee.

Agreed, coffee, and a 4 egg bacon and Parmesan cheese omlette,
    BleakOptimism likes this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

AVF Regular
    Too damn early for looking at bad websites with graphic overload.

I may however have to get a 'usb adapto'. Sounds funky.
    margyb and RichoVonBlack like this.

Super Moderator
    G'day AKelsall, I was about to moderate you into oblivion , because you basically spammed the New Vapers forum with an advertisement for your new online business , but I thought I would leave it here for a little bit to make a point .
    AVF is a great little community , and any vendor new or old , wishing to contribute , and be a part of it , will be welcomed .
    People setting up a website with overpriced alibaba orders , displaying no ABN number on their website , no contact details other than via the web form, are a dime a dozen , and shouldnt really be encouraged , as they probably turn as many people away from vaping as they do towards it .
    AVF DOESNT EXIST FOR YOU TO LINE YOUR POCKETS , if however you choose to open and run a reputable business with good value products , have a clearly visable and non generic warranty provided , and in short offer a better service than just an online portal to increase your bank account you of course would be welcomed with open arms
    I personally welcome anyone wanting to start an online business, but posting basically a spam introduction in a new vapers section , to a webpage , with pricey products , no contact details apart from a web portal , and no physical presence as such , wont get you very far except as others have noted , by ripping off the ignorant.
    If you want to address those issues above , and become part of the community , then do so , and everyone will be happy , like I said , I shoulda just banned your arse like we do a million international spammers and opportunists , but what the heck , lets see how you handle it
    Fatman

( Oh you will notice your links have been disabled by me ... if they re-appear mysteriously without you addressing the above , you WILL be outta here )
    Last edited by Fatman; 14-04-13 at 01:38 PM.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Retired Account
    What they all said!
    Granted, most people seem to have gone for a exorbitantly priced cigalike battery and pre-filled cartos to start with.
    The thing is, most people won't be satisfied with that for very long.
    We may have spent $250 a week, and were in awe of the fact that we could switch to those cigalike batteries and pre-filled cartos for about half of that, especially when the website we bought from offered us lifetime warranty on those batteries we bought.
    The batteries don't last a work day long.
    The frustration of the battery life, the reality that as they lose charge, you get less vapor and less satisfaction as well, means that some people at that point will be frustrated enough to go back to smoking, and others like the people who frequent this forum, will research bigger batteries and better delivery systems.

It's hard not to feel ripped off by people who trade exclusively in the hugely inflated cigalike market. It's hard not to feel cynical that they're after the "try the new thing" market with no regard for supporting the longevity of vaping and the people who explore it. I have no issue with people like the vendors in AVF who do have these cigalike products, but they also have the next step up, and the next step up after that, etc. I know the cigalikes are popular with smokers, as they are the closest in form and function to a cigarette, and people aren't comfortable with massive change, nor are they necessarily ready for it. It's a steep learning curve to go from smoking cigarettes to mixing your own liquids with nicotine and flavourings and rebuildable atties.

I feel like smokers are already exploited enough, without these dodgy online vendors selling dodgy product at inflated prices which are really doomed to fail longterm.
    fifthflo, RichoVonBlack and Nakor like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast