Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ssingleton

Thread: International Shipping Advice

AussieVapers approved Vendor

International Shipping Advice

Just doing some final things to our online store and was wondering if any vendors out there want to share some trade secrets regarding International Shipping and what services they use. I understand if you dont want to share but would appreciate any advice. Im predicting local sales will be moderate but once word gets out, we may get slammed by international buyers trying to get some of our products.

Basically happy to use Australia Post locally but not so sure Internationally. In the process of getting a DHL account but any tips for the most reliable Oz Post service or other courier would be appreciated. DHL is expensive but at least it is quick and reliable and has tracking right to the door. Dont want to send stuff using Australia Post to find once it leaves Australia, tracking stops similar to USPS coming from the States and could easily "disappear" as parcels tend to do. This will create email warfare with customers wondering where the hell their stuff is, paypal disputes, refunds, loss revenue and all sorts of stuff I dont want to know about.

May just leave the store to Australia only to start with but will have to get it sorted fairly quickly. Will give you all first go at the stock and will allow me to fix any bugs.

Thanks in advance

My partner has a etsy store and uses skippypost. They seem to do an interesting thing where they group together shipping to a country (say the US) send it in a larger box and then split it up in the us and send locally.
    lheamfrg likes this.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Thanks mate, Ill check it out and see if it available in Cairns.

Quote Originally Posted by ssingleton View Post
    My partner has a etsy store and uses skippypost. They seem to do an interesting thing where they group together shipping to a country (say the US) send it in a larger box and then split it up in the us and send locally.