Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Thundervapes... Have I been duped?

Thundervapes... Have I been duped?

So, I ordered some stuff from Thundervapes two weeks ago after someone here made a post about free shipping for orders over $40. I heard nothing for 2 weeks, and finally received an email today:

"Hello,

I just wanted to touch base with all of my Australian friends. I wanted to thank you for your first order with me, which I am sure is because of my friend Jennifer who lives in Australia, who received a package a few weeks ago of my blends, and gave a great review and feedback on the forums. I am very confident that all of you will feel the same way about my custom blends.

I do apologize for the delay. I had a personal emergency recently which halted production and shipping momentarily, however we are back on track now, and all of your orders have been completed and packed.

We were using Google Wallet for our processing, however about a month ago they completely and immediately terminated every merchant account which was linked to the e-cig industry. Not only did they terminate my account with them, leaving me unable to process transactions, but they also refunded every customer who placed an order two weeks prior to the termination. Since the funds were held for 14 days after a sale is completed to give time to determine any fraud or charge and cancel the transaction, they were able to give the funds back for the orders placed within that timeframe, even though the orders already went out. Luckily my customers were honest and loyal, and repaid the refund. Since then, I have been using personal paypal to complete the transactions, since paypal also have a policy against e-cigs, I am not able to put up the paypal option on the website for checkout. You either had to send the money via paypal, or have me send you a paypal money request.

Due to the website not performing the transactions independently, the shipping costs were not in place for international orders.

*To send an international package, it costs me $23.99. The charge that I had in place was for $19.99, however it did not perform this addition when you checked out, and you were either charged 4.99, or you qualified for free shipping if your order was above $40. Since we already cover 3.99 for international packages, your shipping fee is $20.

Depending on if you already paid $4.99 if your order was below $40, then I will be sending you a paypal money request for $15. If your order was above $40, then I will be sending you a money request for $19.

I will be sending a free 10ml bottle to all of you for your patience. It will be one of my brand new flavors, made according to the pg/vg ratio u chose for other blends, and the nicotine level will match your order as well.

As soon as the shipping is paid, I will be sending your package out since it is already packaged and ready to go. I will send it out within 24 hours after receiving the shipping fee.

Than you all, I look forward to hearing what you think of the blends!"

The email is confusing. Did anyone else receive this email? Why advertise free shipping and then turn around and say they're going to charge you for shipping anyway? I smell a rat... I haven't responded to the vendor yet because I want to make sure I'm clear about what I'm reading before I respond. I need a second opinion as I've never been shafted by a vendor before and quite frankly don't know how to handle it.

AVF Regular
    did you receive the refund from thunder vapes?
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

Refund? No. I got the paypal request for a further $19.99

AVF Regular
    but you had a free shipping option correct
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

I can't remember. It was 2 weeks ago. The invoice itself states:

Subtotal: $ 54.90
    Shipping: $ 0.00
    Tax: $ 0.00

So I'm assuming there was an option for free shipping

I'd be asking for a refund, as you were led to believe shipping was free. Sounds dodgy as..

Super Moderator
    Due to the website not performing the transactions independently, the shipping costs were not in place for international orders.

*To send an international package, it costs me $23.99. The charge that I had in place was for $19.99, however it did not perform this addition when you checked out, and you were either charged 4.99, or you qualified for free shipping if your order was above $40. Since we already cover 3.99 for international packages, your shipping fee is $20.

Depending on if you already paid $4.99 if your order was below $40, then I will be sending you a paypal money request for $15. If your order was above $40, then I will be sending you a money request for $19.
    So from that text it states that, Shipping was NOT included for international orders.

So... it's safe to assume that his cost to ship is semi correct, which means you order (above 40), requires and additional payment of 19.99 (as he already covers 3.99) for shipping.

Makes sense to me, but it just means his checkout code is fkn useless...

If you want the juice, buck up and pay for it... if you don't... well ask for a full refund?

AVF Regular
    I still want to know where the hell PayPal get off imposing this bullshit about ecig - related stuff. I'm even more amazed they get away with it!

RQ, I hope you are able to get this resolved soon.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

[QUOTE=essiemessy;251372]I still want to know where the hell PayPal get off imposing this bullshit about ecig - related stuff. I'm even more amazed they get away with it!

I use Paypal all the time for my supplies, never once had that problem, just bought stuff from Chinabuye and FT (no juice tho)

[QUOTE=Saxien;251374]
    Quote Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post
    I still want to know where the hell PayPal get off imposing this bullshit about ecig - related stuff. I'm even more amazed they get away with it!

I use Paypal all the time for my supplies, never once had that problem, just bought stuff from Chinabuye and FT (no juice tho)
    Exactly. All my e-cig related purchases have been through paypal. Another reason to be suspicious.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast