Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: RDA build COMPETITION!!!!

AussieVapers approved Vendor

RDA build COMPETITION!!!!

Morning fellow AVF'ers,

I am seeking inspiration currently on what kind of a interesting build I should try with the current wick and wire combos available here at Steam-e-cigs. So I thought I would throw it out to you guys and gals to show what kind of interesting, unique, functional builds you can do on an RDA.

To be eligible for the competition, you will need to post up a photo of your build with Steam-e-cigs written on a piece of paper behind it to ensure the photo hasn't been taken from the net.

What is the prize?

To fuel your future builds, we will giving away one of every wick and wire combo we have, these include:

Rave Wick and Wire - Philippines
    Rave Flat Wick and Wire - Philippines
    Bakero V2 Wick and Wire Combo by Ziggyvape - Philippines
    Bagnet V2 Wick and Wire Combo - Philippines
    Ekowool

This competition ends Friday 18th October and a vote will be had at the end for all to pick a winner.

Disclaimer - This comp is for advanced Vapers only. You must be well read up on what your doing and have done coils previously before entering this comp, especially if going for sub-ohm. Newbie posts will be removed off the thread.

Look forward to seeing these builds

Cheers,
    Maxim
    Last edited by Steam-e-cigs; 12-10-13 at 08:13 PM.
    Noe, davee, 308hjute and 4 others like this.

AVF Regular
    the only thing I can do with a wick is light it on a candle............
    margyb and jsalvacion123 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs308hjute View Post
    the only thing I can do with a wick is light it on a candle............
    The RDA is the little short atty on one of the mods on my side of the coffee table. Wick and wire up in the top of the cupboard in the dining room.

Get to it woman!

You could easily build something interesting, unique and...... Oh. He mentioned functional.

As you were.
    Noe, davee, Steam-e-cigs and 2 others like this.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

AVF Regular

Llama Wick

Yes I have too much time on my hands (sick child at home) and no I couldn't help myself.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nakor; 11-10-13 at 01:35 PM. Reason: I confused the steamers.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    is that.... a worm... with a head? hahahaha wonder how it'd fire...

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam-e-cigs View Post
    is that.... a worm... with a head? hahahaha wonder how it'd fire...
    Close up it looks like a llama or alpaca. I'ma post one up when I get home.

Tapin Like A Bawse
    Apparently I have to be a sheep or get punished.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakor View Post

Yes I have too much time on my hands (sick child at home) and no I couldn't help myself.
    Think we have a winner! )

AVF Regular
    Hi All!

I thought I would have to pull off some outrageous build to be in the running for this, so I tried to find the most ridiculous setup I could think of, & 4 hours later..........this is what I ended up with..........

Keep in mind I have only been Vaping for 9 weeks, have had my IGO-W for about 5 weeks (picked it up with my SVD at Parklea Markets from a couple of great, helpful people). I have only coiled it 3 times before, then I received my Fogger & my attention was diverted, coiled that a couple of times .....so this will be about my 6th or 7th build.

I thought I would try a Quad coil build as I have never attempted one before........How do you guys feel about "Dual Double Helix Nano Dragon Coils!".........what a wank!

I started with 2 strands of 28G Kanthal.....20 wraps on a 1.3mm jewelers screwdriver, but this only came in at 0.8ohms, which would make my dual build at 0.4ohms!.........I knew I couldn't fit a longer coil in the IGO.............

So I scrapped that & started over with 30G, 2 strands, 20 wraps came in at 1.4ohms, made a twin & the SVD said 0.6ohms

Are you ready for this...................

The coils are a bit slow to fire up the first time......but once they get going.......

Next I wrapped the coils in 2mm Silica......Four wraps each on the outside of the coils & the ends tucked in......

N.B. This photo was taken after I had used up my first lot of juice as my silica was that frayed after all the threading & wrapping I couldn't tuck all the ends in unless they were wet!

I have been using cotton lately but as this was a wick & wire competition I though i would try conventional wick.

Juiced it all up with Berrylicious, (which reminds me I am running low).

Then fired her up........

Massive Berrylicious plumes!!!!!!

I did check for shorts after fitting the cap as I was worried about he coils shorting on the cap!

Now again I am far from being an expert but this was a pretty damn good vape. The most vapor I have yet produced from any device. As I said before it does take a while to get going so you have to have a few puff in a row to get everything cooking, but once it gets going its pretty good!

I hope you found reading this, interesting, inspiring & unique, as far as functional goes.........well it does work, & work well, but it did take hours to do........but then I am a relative noob.......I don't think I will be re-building it like this anytime soon.

I also have to give credit to all the helpful people on AVF & YouTube without whom none of this would be possible. A special "Thank You" to bugsme for the whole "dragon coil" thing....................
    Last edited by laurie9300; 12-10-13 at 02:55 PM.
    margyb, Nakor and bikam0wz like this.

How are we suppose to top that....?

Winner I'd say. At least you would have to go far for the prize
    jsalvacion123 and laurie9300 like this.

AVF Regular
    Nice work. About time someone posted a real coil in here. :P
    laurie9300 likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast