Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Aspire bdc's

Aspire bdc's

This is just an update on the Aspire BDC's I have for sale. I have had to remove the Vivi Nova versions for sale as the pin on the coils does not extend far enough through the 510 connector to make contact with the battery.

Unfortunately for me, the vivi novas do work on all of the ego batteries I have for sale, but not on other ego's I have. Until I can resolve this problem the viv nova version will remain not for sale.

If anyone knows a easy solution to this problem I would be extremely grateful if you let me know. I am obviously trying to contact the supplier but until I get this problem resolved I will have to refrain from selling them.

The recent co-op brought these from the same vendor I brought from so this may also be a heads up to others who may experience similar problems.
    margyb and rushn like this.

AVF Regular
    Don't have an answer to your question, but the vivi style aspire I got from steam Ecigs connects fine with everything I've used it on. Wonder if they're from the same supplier?
    Just get an EPM.

AVF Regular
    I have a mini vivi-nova style aspire clearo and I just GENTLY pull up the the center pin of the battery and it makes contact.
    You might also be able to pull out the coil and use a grinder on the bottom housing to shorten the length, then reinstall the coil.
    Jeff

Thanks Jeff. After a brief moment of panic (lol) I realized how to fix it. The problem I have is selling these to customers. The fix is easy for enough experienced vapers but not necessarily for those new to vaping.

Just when I thought these devices were going to solve all of the fiddly issues with evods and protanks removing and/or adding flavor wicks this problem rears its ugly head.

I will need to speak to the supplier before I decide how to proceed. I will update when I decide on a solution. But thanks for your help

cheers

Paul
    chinamod

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by pgscott View Post
    Thanks Jeff. After a brief moment of panic (lol) I realized how to fix it. The problem I have is selling these to customers. The fix is easy for enough experienced vapers but not necessarily for those new to vaping.

Just when I thought these devices were going to solve all of the fiddly issues with evods and protanks removing and/or adding flavor wicks this problem rears its ugly head.

I will need to speak to the supplier before I decide how to proceed. I will update when I decide on a solution. But thanks for your help

cheers

Paul
    chinamod
    Thanks Paul and keep up informed if they make newer shorter replacement bottoms, I just purchased 16 Aspire clearo's on the co-op and so I could probably use a few , when they come in, I'll experiment with the grinder

Jeff

I purchased 8 of these from Paul, and took delivery yesterday. 4 x mini nova style (plastic) and 4 x maxi nova style (glass + aluminium). The coil doesn't protrude far enough through the 510 connector to make contact with the firing pin on some mods/batteries. What I've found is if the firing pin on the mod/battery is narrow enough to fit inside the diameter of the 510 connection it'll make contact and fire the coil. This is so on a couple of normal Ego-C batteries I have. If the firing pin on the mod/battery is too wide to slip up inside the 510 connector, then it won't make contact with the coil's pin, and pulling the pin in the coil a little so it sits flush with the 510 base will work. This is so on my Vision Spinners, Ego Twists and Zmax Telescope.

A word of caution though. The plastic tanks on the mini nova style I purchased are VERY soft. In less than 12 hours I've managed to stuff the thread on two of these tanks by screwing the metal tops on too tight. There's no way I over-tightened the end caps - I'm no fool and no tighter than I would any other plastic tank - so the quality of these are very poor. That's $14 down the toilet.

Not happy with these at all.

This is of course no reflection on Paul or Chinamod - in fact I couldn't be happier with the service from Paul, and Paul did offer me a refund.

Thanks for the heads up rushn. I haven't been using the plastic tanks so was unaware of the problem there. Although many of the vivi novas have traditionally suffered this same problem. I will add a note to the website on this issue. I am sorry about the issue you have had with them. I will reconsider stocking the plastic tanks in the future.

In meantime the BDC's have been put back online. I have added a note regarding the connection issue as well as a couple of photo's. I am hoping this will help people out if this issue comes up.

AVF Regular
    I took my aspire apart and removed the coil and grinded the bottom 510 with a bench grinder, it took like 1 second and worked out perfectly, Now the coil screws in and about 1mm is shown above the threads perfect fit.
    Jeff
    Terradan likes this.

Anyone having trouble with the BDC's flooding? mine is a real gurgling gertie.
    In constant chain vaping....Because vaping nicotine makes your mind more active.....

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by necro View Post
    Anyone having trouble with the BDC's flooding? mine is a real gurgling gertie.
    no mine works ok, the coil is getting old, but no gurgling.
    did you try another coil?
    Jeff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast