Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Trying to support a local vendor,bad experience

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Trying to support a local vendor,bad experience

Hi,been in this forum quite a while vaping more than two years.I was trying to reffer a vaper to a well known vendor by passing his contact number,(we drive for living so we are on the road so we like to pick up our vaping gear) rather than paying postage.I received a text MSG from him warning me not to give his number to any one.Is there a secret world behind the vaping society?are they doing illegal things so to stay invisible?or is it they don't like a pick up so they charge postage as they wish?please alight me if I done wrong by reffering to a local vendor.as for me decided to buy from overseas vendors as of today,thank you all

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bokabee View Post
    Hi,been in this forum quite a while vaping more than two years.I was trying to reffer a vaper to a well known vendor by passing his contact number,(we drive for living so we are on the road so we like to pick up our vaping gear) rather than paying postage.I received a text MSG from him warning me not to give his number to any one.Is there a secret world behind the vaping society?are they doing illegal things so to stay invisible?or is it they don't like a pick up so they charge postage as they wish?please alight me if I done wrong by reffering to a local vendor.as for me decided to buy from overseas vendors as of today,thank you all
    cant speak for others but i am more than happy to give a phone number out and happy for local pickup if i can help at all let me know
    bokabee, Hani, Browny and 1 others like this.

I don't think there is anything untowards here. Some vendors just prefer to avoid the hassle of dealing with people face to face. The world is a scarier place then it once was and so people are generally less trusting of the general populace so err on the side of caution.

I can understand the vendors annoyance with giving out his number to what is a stranger to him but probably should have just explained it nicely rather than issue a 'warning'.

I can also understand your situation as you were just referring a friend to a vendor which is usually a good thing for the vendor but on this occasion it didn't go down that way for whatever reason.

There are many good vendors in aus and proabably a bunch of shady idiots too - just like any other industry.
    robertch likes this.
    5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions

AVF Regular
    where u buying juce with nic in it ??.. waite dont answer that i think.. but if you were probly why he/she dident want his number given out.... or could be the vender who must not be named on this fourm

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hani View Post
    I don't think there is anything untowards here. Some vendors just prefer to avoid the hassle of dealing with people face to face. The world is a scarier place then it once was and so people are generally less trusting of the general populace so err on the side of caution.

I can understand the vendors annoyance with giving out his number to what is a stranger to him but probably should have just explained it nicely rather than issue a 'warning'.

I can also understand your situation as you were just referring a friend to a vendor which is usually a good thing for the vendor but on this occasion it didn't go down that way for whatever reason.

There are many good vendors in aus and proabably a bunch of shady idiots too - just like any other industry.
    agree with you Hani it probably helps that i am 6f4 and 130 kg ex boxer so dont fear many things but still tend to make the first meet away from my house if possible to assess the person before showing them where i live

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bokabee View Post
    I am not sure what state you are in but if it was WA its is still a problem to sell hardware to locals.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Thanks for replies,in Sydney and no I never reffer any one for juice with nic,and don't want to fight with any one,its just a simple refferal as I found their prices good.

Quote Originally Posted by robertch View Post
    agree with you Hani it probably helps that i am 6f4 and 130 kg ex boxer so dont fear many things but still tend to make the first meet away from my house if possible to assess the person before showing them where i live
    Yep, I remember the days where you would see something in the paper that you wanted to buy - just a quick phonecall was all that was needed to get the sellers address and set up a time to go see the item/car etc. No one really thought that you were going to rob them or were scoping out their residence for a later robbery etc. Now it's all about meeting up in a public place if meeting face to face is at all possible. Kinda sad really...

And yes the fear of being assulted would be lesser with your background/physique rob
    robertch likes this.
    5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions

Super Moderator
    You have to remember that most online vendors are just that , online, and as such their business might operate out of their home or a rented business property that is not licensed for retail in person sales, not to mention insurance etc etc. So while said vendor was willing to help you out , they are probably right to be cautious and hope their personal contact details do not eventually end up on farcebook or similar
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    If you're in Sydney talk to house of vapes and they will steer you in the right direction.

The whole keep this secret thing is something to avoid. Google these guys and they will get you going.
    Not in need of peoples issues

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast