Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: VapeAssist Update

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

VapeAssist Update

Hey AVF,

VapeAssist has received a few new features and a bit of a facelift. Coupon/Promo codes are now applied to the prices if available and free postage is displayed if applicable.

If you weren't aware of the site already, its a search engine for Aussie vape gear so you can find the best prices and find out who is stocking the latest gear.

Cheers,
    Tim
    bencairns and Vape Vixen like this.

AVF Regular
    Nice one tim! Keep up the good job.

Super Moderator
    Probably very important to share to your users now that while Vapeassist is free for a vaper to use , it now charges vendors a quarterly fee who choose to pay it and rewards them for doing so.
    Conceptually Vapeassist was promoted as an unbiased resource for vapers to determine what was available where and at how much ( or at least that is how I perceived it?)
    I don't see the implemented subscription process mentioned anywhere on the site at all ?
    It also appears that some have clickable links and others do not .. I am presuming this is a feature delineated by who pays?
    Is there now some kind of search bias applied as well?
    Its great to provide a service for vapers, but when it begins to generate income I think its reasonable to address/inform that issue/bias too .
    I just think its important for users to get the full story on how things are , especially when what was a free service, changes to a subscription model.

Of course as a business it is fine to do as you please , but vapeassist was first promoted here on AVF as a resource for vapers to search for the best deal from vendors , and that has kinda changed maybe?
    robertch, Tara and Khem like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Yeah thats how I saw it too
    robertch likes this.

AVF Regular
    Good business idea
    Still handy

Big shout out to AVF and Everyone that helped me on my Journey to quit the the Death Sticks

Hi Fatman, Thanks for the feedback, you are right, there is a subscription process now. At the moment it affects clickable links, postage and promo information. It does not bias the search results (other than applying any coupon, but that is pretty clear). For the subscription fee I make sure that products listings are kept up to date, even when your site dramatically changes (changing ecommerce platforms for example). It lets me justify spending time on the site adding new features. I don't think I am being demanding or unreasonable by implementing the subscription fee? FYI, the fee is 30$ a qtr / 100 a year.

Ideally, I would have affiliate links for every vendor or charge for click through's; I am not sure how possible this is though.

I will make the payment and advertising guidelines available on the site. I have no problem doing this.

It still gives the best deals from all vendors, I would argue with the new promo/coupon feature it does that better in the price comparison area. Only thing is now you cannot click through to a product for vendors that aren't subscribed.

Cheers
    Tim
    Fatman likes this.

Super Moderator
    No Worries Tim ... just thought it was relevant info that people might appreciate as the "model" has changed ... you are providing a service and as such charging for it is no drama, just that people should be aware of any bias on it and why now it is the way it is .

Also a slight bit of constructive feedback ?
    I noticed while looking the other day that the search feature might only access's default pages regarding stock levels perhaps?
    example if searching for an evic vtc I get 14 results from 6 vendors ... none of which is HoV which has them in stock and on the site ...its even more biased if I search for VTC 60W i get 7 results all of which are from Two vendors only !
    albeit HoV have a drop down menu to select the colour option in which the black is out of stock ( and would be excluded from the results perhaps ?) but the other two variants are in stock ... if I was shopping thru Vapeassist this would tell me that HoV doesnt have them full stop ! ... I am perhaps assuming this might not be just limited to that particular mod and vendor or did I just get lucky and score the only one that gives a glitch LOL ?
    Something to look at perhaps ...
    Last edited by Fatman; 06-10-15 at 02:41 PM. Reason: got mah facts wrong lol
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Hey Fatman, thanks I really do rely on the community to point stuff like this out if they find it. That was a pretty significant bug that you pointed out... It would have affected about 10 sites and I think all variations would have been not displayed. I fixed it manually for "evic vtc", the rest are being re-run now. expect better results later tonight.

If the community points stuff like this out to me (preferably by contact form on VapeAssist/email), I will fix it.

Cheers
    Tim
    Fatman likes this.

AVF Regular
    Service is no good... I searched for Hellfire and there were no results...

:coat:
    Crisscross likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bk_renesis View Post
    Service is no good... I searched for Hellfire and there were no results...

:coat:
    VapeAssist
    I get two results from vapourtron - and that is all I have in my db (in stock or not in stock)

If you know of more, can you link to a the product page please.

Cheers
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast