• 1 Post By axx
  • 1 Post By fabricator4
  • 2 Post By Crisscross

Thread: Fastech

axx
    AVF Regular

Fastech

Hi All,

I cant find a Fastech thread so Im posting here, I hope that is ok.

I made a couple of purchases from fastech last week, there was 1 thing I needed (cotton) but several that looked important like drip tips & 3 goblin mini v2 clones for the price of 1 authentic (who seem to be unavailable locally) I love the goblin mini, incidentally the silver looks identical apart from the air flow which can be removed, although it seals better than the authentic. Fastech shipped Wednesday 10am & were with me on the Tuesday afternoon, not even 4 business days, actually they were in Sydney friday - I couldn't believe it I was expecting 9-10 business days for the $2 shipping.

However the packaging left alot to be desired! I also bought 10 x 50 ml plastic bottles & 180 pieces of muji for the same price 10 pieces of muji cost from a vape shop here to bulk up the order as per another thread I read a few weeks back.. But it came in a large yellow envelope with lots of sticky tape and in the 4 days look like it has been in a war almost.. stuff got a bit knocked around but not seriously broken just the cases for tanks so not a problem.

Next I would like to buy a couple of eleaf Pico's and batteries (works out about 25% cheaper than here) & would also like to buy a xtar vc2 charger - has anyone ordered electronics from fastech before & if so did they package them in a box or was it an envelope & is there an option to pay for better packaging - I should send Fastech an email but thought others may know, or is cheap packaging the way it is with cheap shipping.

thanks

AVF Regular
    I've only ever got the shit packaging but usually the mods themselves come in a sufficiently padded and protected box. From
    memory, the batteries I've bought have come in a plastic protective case with a bit of extra bubble wrap around them. I think
    any electronics of significant value come packaged well enough to withstand the journey, but I guess it cant hurt to ask them.
    I wouldn't expect a huge effort on the cheap or free shipping though.

Another thing I have noticed is that for me, the small packages from FT seem to come via the postie on the bike rather than
    courier. Perhaps if you made your order a decent size so it comes via the courier it might get treated with a bit more care.
    Crisscross and axx like this.

AVF Regular
    I add some plastic bottles (5 pack) to my order. They are cheaper than a box (which is charged per item) add bulk and protect some of the more fragile items.

Bigger packages seem to pass through the system an bit easier and get lost less frequently
    axx likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    plenty of orders from FT. its usually just in a padded bag
    If it concerns you, during the checkout (same page you choose the shipping) there is an option for a container/box for a few bucks more.
    I never used it though, the only thing ive had break was a spare Subtank mini glass and they sent a replacement soon as i sent them a photo
    axx likes this.

axx
    AVF Regular
    Hey thanks for the replies.

I saw your hint crisscross to bulk up the package with some bottles a few weeks back - good idea! I have 10 new 50ml bottles I wouldn't have thought to order otherwise, perfect for my DIY'ing

It was a fairly large order with 18 items, the largest being the muji 180 pad pack, it got a little squashed & dinged but I was paying $1 a pad from the local shops before, 180 pieces for $10 cant be complained about even when a few are lost. I bought a crius clone to compare to my original, the plastic case was broken but tank was safe. Mods in my experience are often in a sturdy box but the xtar charger Im not sure about & is my main concern.

Ill look for where there is a box package option on the checkout screen, cheers hoofprint - I dont mind paying extra for a box which reads fragile! Very happy so far with Fastech who lived up to there name with speedy $2 delivery - Faster than an email reply when I made a ticket inquiry
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    I've never had a problem with anything being broken, and the packages always look pretty much like they do in the photo of the finished package they give you on the order page. Most things seem to have one or two layers of bubble wrap, and are in zip lock bags etc.

It's luck of the draw I guess.

I had one small package go astray (a back order they sent later for an atty) which they eventually reimbursed me for but it took a couple of months and two follow ups. It wasn't a big deal (I'd moved on from that particular atty before it would have got here anyway).

Edit: If you have anything with liquids or batteries it limits your choice of postage methods so you can't do the $2 express option. I'll be doing that in future now if I can because it seems to make a huge difference for people.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 06-06-16 at 12:49 PM.
    axx likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Batteries can only go expedited $2 option
    merexy and axx like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Batteries can only go expedited $2 option
    Must only be liquids that mess you up then...
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.