Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: FastTech

AVF Regular

FastTech

Are Fast Tech any good?

They sell what they call genuine kanger coils for less than half the price any Aussie vendor charges... but I've had people remind me that, quite often, Asian companies offer "genuine" products that are actually knockoffs... and I remember the "genuine" Samsung tablet I bought in Thailand last year which is a knockoff piece of shit.

Anyone have any dealings with them and know if they're legit? Or should I keep paying full price on my coils?

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    They are legit. Just sometimes factory seconds.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Hey mate,

I deal with fasttech alot, they have never sent me any products that are knockoffs but i always have a fight with them regarding shipping my stuff.
    You have to make sure your items are available and ready to ship before you pay or else it can easily take anywhere from 1 week to 1 month to receive that specific item you bought. They have crap customer service.
    So yea, i am sure many avf members deal with FT and they may have diffrent experiance with FT so see what other members advise.
    Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    staceman101 likes this.

AVF Regular
    I've ordered from them a couple of times and had a good experience. Shipping takes around 2 ish weeks( an order once took 6 weeks to get to me, bloody customs).
    When buying things from them check whether it says "Authentic" or "styled", I bought an Authentic Gemini rta a few months back, checked the Authenticity code and came back legit but quality of clones can be hit or miss.
    The reason why the prices can be so cheap is because the warehouse is basically down the road from the manufacturers ( not technically), so you don't have whole sale vendors passing it down to other vendors increasing the price to make $$$ for themselves each time.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    staceman101 likes this.

AVF Regular
    I buy my kangertech clapton coils from there and I'm very happy with them. Definitely genuine, but order a month in advance.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    staceman101 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Cheers for the solid replies.

It also seems like they still have V1 Kanthal OCC coils for Kangertech tanks, whereas Aussie vendors seem to have the V2 NiChrome version.
    I'm not sure if there's much of a difference... but some online reviews seem to suggest that the V2 burn out quicker...

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk

Cat
    AVF Regular
    I have ordered a lot through FT, and found that they respond in a timely manner if you put in a 'ticket' for any enquiries.

I have only had a hassle once, and that was when they sent something separately via REALLY slow mail, because it wasn't in stock when the other stuff was ready to go. Now if I am ordering anything that is not in stock, I open a ticket and ask them to send it all in one package and that has worked fine.

I have ordered through Elegomall (good prices but really crap service), Gearbest, 3F Vape and others and I usually go back to FT.

Also, just FYI Staceman, some people have issues with using Ni. Might be a good idea to do a little research into it if you are thinking of going that way...
    staceman101 likes this.
    Be Realistic. Plan for a Miracle.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

AVF Regular
    I really do think that if FT use the word 'genuine" then it is pretty much the same as ...and if not.. with proof of failure.. they respond in a responsible way.. sure it might take time.. and sure they might need video proof, but so far, they have not left me wanting ! only thing they did wrong was send mod with batteries via email... totally wrong.. totally dangerous.. but when refused entry via customs.. notified me and refunded pretty much straight away !
    Cat and staceman101 like this.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    further to what others have said

"ships in xyz days" is just that
    "in stock" means the factory said they have it, last time ft checked [but can still take weeks]
    "ships next day" means ft have it ready to ship
    Cat and staceman101 like this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    I've used Fasttech a lot over the years. Their prices are consistently good and the range is outstanding. If the description says "authentic" then it always is. I've never had any problem in that regard.

Think of them more as distribution company. Some things they warehouse and they are available immediately. Some things are order-on which means they won't ship for two days, 5 days, whatever. Check the area near the price box for the time required before shipping. I advise you not to pre-order from Fasttech (stuff that is not on the market yet but has a release date from the manufacturer) because Fasttech is not the usual supply change for a most brands, which means they will be at the bottom of the food chain when it comes to eventually getting stock. I don't do anything mass produced on pre-order anyway - let someone else try it out first and see if it's worth it.

For shipping always choose the "Australian Expedited" for an extra two dollars. If you do this you will normally get your stuff in about two weeks. If you just use the free postage (Singapore Post etc) it will take between 3 to six weeks. Neither method tracks very well so you can't see where you parcel is - so shorter time is MUCH better.

Don't order anything with batteries or e-liquid because that removes the ability to use Australian Expedited. It may come by slow boat... think more like four to eight weeks.
    Tip: some things with 'AA' batteries aren't flagged in their system so you CAN select Expedited shipping, even though the description says that you won't be able to.

If you have a problem they have a ticket system that does work. I usually get a response within a day. If I don't get back to you I normally query it on the same ticket number and it gets thing moving - definitely a case of the squeaky wheel get the attention. They also have an online query system which some people say works better.

Mostly, dealing with all overseas companies is a matter of patience. If you need something in a real hurry you are better off buying from an Australian vendor. I spread it around - some stuff from OS, some stuff from local vendors.
    staceman101 likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast